male balloon molly aggression

gootzie

New Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
TN
I like balloon mollies but not the resulting young that livebearers are noted for. I have kept a 2-3 males together (in a 55) that resulted in fighting to the point I nearly lost one from aggression. I would like to keep several male balloon mollies (no females) in my 55 gal but reluctant because of past experience. Is it as simple as having a larger number of males to deflect the territorial fighting? Suggestions appreciated. TY
 
I kept mollies of many species for a very long time, though I won;t keep balloons because of the nature of the deformity. Males of all species, and of hybrids pretty well all hated each other. What you're seeing is what I'd consider normal molly behaviour.
 
I kept mollies of many species for a very long time, though I won;t keep balloons because of the nature of the deformity. Males of all species, and of hybrids pretty well all hated each other. What you're seeing is what I'd consider normal molly behaviour.
Sad. Thank you for the input.
 
Hiding places such a more higher vegetation could help a bit. Or a larger tank. The smaller the tank or open space, the more such behavior will occur among males.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top