Pumice

steve-0

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i found some nice red pumice in the mountains today but im worried that it is to soft for my tank. Has anyone used it. I know it is an igneous rock but its so soft.
Will it be fine? :unsure:

i think ive got pumice in my tank.....and i bought it from a fish store yesterday so i think its ok.....is it usually called lava rock???

Tek :fish:

ive just found this on the web....

Pumice rocks are igneous rocks which were formed when lava cooled quickly above ground. You can see where little pockets of air had been. This rock is so light, that many pumice rocks will actually float in water. Pumice is actually a kind of glass and not a mixture of minerals. Because this rock is so light, it is used quite often as a decorative landscape stone. Ground to a powder, it is used as an abrasive in polish compounds and in Lava.

looks like its ok

Tek :fish:

Also very good for removing hard skin - your fishies will have the softest skin around :lol: :p :hyper: :hyper:

It doesnt really matter about my ph beacause i have african cichlids and our water isnt that high oin ph.
Thanks all for the second opinion. Im goin back up in the mountains to get a big piece :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back