Ps3

the subjust of noise popped up a couple of times up there....

My 360 is noisier than my PS2 (with an 80gig HD spinning around inside it too)

I was a little surprised buy the noise - I actually have to turn the TV up to drown out the fans!

i actually agree with you andywg, i dont think any of the current formats will survive. as i said a good format that nobody wants. same applys to hddvd. we just went talking about that.

i find it odd that the hdd in a 360 makes so much noise. i'm sitting with my head virtually next to my comp tower, and with only the fish tank running, can only just hear the comp fan never mind the hdd. and that includes running the games, the dvd does spin up and make noise, but thats it.

I know its early days for the ps3 on reliability etc but i must confess that even though i am a huge xbox fan.... Im now on my 4th 360 as they have all died within a few months of getting them. :unsure:

They never get moved around.. they are well ventilated etc yet they are on constant use and they do generate alot of heat. Im sure that this is a factor. At the moment the ps3 doesnt seem to have the same heat problem but this also may be because its not been used as much as the 360s in the house.

Sony dont really have anything left that warrants spending that much cash on a console when you can get the xbox for cheaper.

theyve lost basically all of there exclusive titles that anyone cared about, they were late launching and when they have, the launch didnt get the coverage they wanted so not that many mums and dads who buy presents even kno about it.

and xbox live is 100 x better than sonys online service so its worth the £30 for a year that we pay.

dont get me wrong, in the long run i think the PS3 will win this round of next gen but it will be a damn sight closer than the first round with xbox and ps2 and i bet MS next console will outsell sonys by miles.

I think sony's problem is Mickey mouse soft's wallet. They can reduce the lifespan of each console to 4 years (how long between the Xbox and the 360?). I don't think Sony could stomach a fight on those terms. Sony were upset at how quick M$ released the 360, but it was a shrewd move.

Look at how the PC all but destroyed the Apple. I can't help but feel a similar fate awaits Sony unless they become very innovative in the next console or two.

I'm gonna chime in with a clearly off topic: the Wii is in a league by itself and its awesome, and as such has much less to fear from its competitors :D

Back on topic, I hope Sony do get their act together soon, because a world without Playstation is like a world without Sega consoles. Sonic on Nintendo is still just wrong. Fun, but wrong.

and xbox live is 100 x better than sonys online service so its worth the £30 for a year that we pay.

Amen to that, Xbox Live is incredible. Talk like a robot! I still get a kick out of Say on Amiga Workbench, so this is really going to keep me amused for years!

PS3 and Sony have shafted the UK too many times for most people to bother with it. Then there is the stupid price tag, Blueray (possible betamax) naaaaaaaa ill stick with my X360 :)

ps3 will be worth getting once they pull there fingers out and release some killer games, lower the price tag and get some real advertisement done

wiki is your friend. Though I am surprised to see they already have prototype HVDs. And 3.9TB with a 1GB/s transfer rate is pretty good. Especially when you consdier the entire Google Earth map of the world is only about 2TB...

I wouldn't say wikipedia is your friend. It can be changed by anyone. The information off that website is not reliable. If you even sight that website in a college report you instantly get a "F". Use Britanica or something. -_-

wiki is your friend. Though I am surprised to see they already have prototype HVDs. And 3.9TB with a 1GB/s transfer rate is pretty good. Especially when you consdier the entire Google Earth map of the world is only about 2TB...

I wouldn't say wikipedia is your friend. It can be changed by anyone. The information off that website is not reliable. If you even sight that website in a college report you instantly get a "F". Use Britanica or something. -_-
However, I am looking at the real world, such as a report on the BBC about how Wiki is just as accurate as the Encyclopaedia Brittanica on all major facets of science.

Also, I am not in college, therefore I am not worried about getting an F for citing Wiki as a source.

Finally, wiki is still your friend as almost all the pages cite their references meaning it can easily lead you to the source document for information (something EB cannot).

However, I am looking at the real world, such as a report on the BBC about how Wiki is just as accurate as the Encyclopaedia Brittanica on all major facets of science.

Also, I am not in college, therefore I am not worried about getting an F for citing Wiki as a source.

Finally, wiki is still your friend as almost all the pages cite their references meaning it can easily lead you to the source document for information (something EB cannot).

There is a whole book in the Britannica series for just references.

Wiki does cite articles but the articles could be written by a 5-year old. Any article can be cited. Doesn't mean it is of any quality. ;)

From a teenagers view in the US a lot of my friends have the xbox 360.

Main reason: Halo

Other reason: Like everybody said sony's getting a bad rep, no good games, graphics are behind, price is too high for the features people could care less about,

Wii made a comeback with the cheap price and new play view, Sony's going down because of the high price, they need a really good game or something new to get peoples attention like you guys have said. They once came out with a game to try and top halo but it was a total flop. I agree they took way to long to get their console out with people talking about it for years. A lot of people say the graphics are bad, though i've yet to see that. Their main problem was coming out at the same time as the wii, wii cheaper and new way to play and a huge buisness is for parents to buy a system for the kid at x-mass and they don't want to spend 600+$ on a system.

just my opinion

Most reactions

Back