Progress

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jay1983

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all I have added my new substrate (well half anyway) and have planted up.

Tank: 110L
Lighting: 2 x t5 39w
Dossing: excel and TPN + (will eventually have pressurized co2)
Substrate: part sand part Eco complete

Basically i'm after opinions on how its looking so far, what can be done to improve it, and any tips you can give me.

Pictures
100_1573.jpg

100_1572.jpg

100_1566.jpg

100_1571.jpg
~

I'm hoping the crypts on the left hand side will grow and cover that area and eventually the hair grass will cover the sand. Is this a little optimistic?

Thanks in advance

Jay

Mate, that's a wicked looking scape, you don't see a lot of really good scapes using swords but that looks great, just let it grow in, have a look at my journal in my sig "Cuban Delight" you'll see how quick Crypts can cover an area, I had 4 pots worth and now a jungle. Just let it grow in and keep trimming the swords so they don't take over and shadow any plants.

Mate, that's a wicked looking scape, you don't see a lot of really good scapes using swords but that looks great, just let it grow in, have a look at my journal in my sig "Cuban Delight" you'll see how quick Crypts can cover an area, I had 4 pots worth and now a jungle. Just let it grow in and keep trimming the swords so they don't take over and shadow any plants.
Thank you very much dude! going to look at your journal now.
Cheers

Thanks for pointing your journal out mate fantastic, absolutely stunning! a question if I may I am trying to carpet using dwarf hair grass, after seeing your tank would HC be a better option?

Jay

HC is faster, mine took about a month and i trim it to 1/2 an ich thick every month and a month later it's 1 1/2 inches thick again lol. Let me know if you do mate as in a month I should have a load of HC to get rid of.

Most reactions

trending

Back