Progress...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You've got what looks like 3 pieces of dracena in there, the 1 bit on the left and the other 2 on the right of the bogwood.
You should take these out, since where they're not aquatic they could rot and pollute the water.

Blimy...blinking LFS...well it was Pets At Home, should have expected it really!

Thanks everyone for bringing it to my attention!!!

Im going to go back and complain!!!

You've got what looks like 3 pieces of dracena in there, the 1 bit on the left and the other 2 on the right of the bogwood.
You should take these out, since where they're not aquatic they could rot and pollute the water.

Blimy...blinking LFS...well it was Pets At Home, should have expected it really!

Thanks everyone for bringing it to my attention!!!

Im going to go back and complain!!!
Good luck to you, I don't think you'll get much out of them though! So far it's looking very nice :good: The only thing I would change is the background and add some more plants. A plain black background would make the tank look much nicer IMO.

Keep up the good work!

:lol: LOL!!

It's not just a P@H thing, alot of LFS do it. If left in the tank it will start to rot and leech ammonia into the water column which will be harmful and highly poisonous to your fish.

So what fish and plants did you get?

Plants:

Eleocharis Acicularis
Pogostemon Helferi
Pogostemon Erectus
Limnophilia Aromatica

Fishies!
3 x Opaline Gouramis
5 x Tiger Barbs
1 x Pictus Catfish

Already in tank
15 Neon Tetras
4 Silvertip Tetras

Almost at my stocking limit!

Going to do some MORE rearranging tomorrow - Sunday is my tank day :)

Oh, and have some blue LEDs on their way for night-time/evening lighting

:/

Pictus Cats prefer groups mate, something around 3 at least and will take small fish during the night so i would imagine your Tetra's will be at risk?!

Also Tiger Barbs will need to be in a much larger group to distribute aggression between them.

And if you have more than 1 male Gourami then you may come up against a few problems with aggression there too...

[/quote]
Good luck to you, I don't think you'll get much out of them though! So far it's looking very nice :good: The only thing I would change is the background and add some more plants. A plain black background would make the tank look much nicer IMO.

Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

Yeah I agree, prob look to replace when I can stop myself buying wood and plants lol!

:/

Pictus Cats prefer groups mate, something around 3 at least and will take small fish during the night so i would imagine your Tetra's will be at risk?!

Also Tiger Barbs will need to be in a much larger group to distribute aggression between them.

And if you have more than 1 male Gourami then you may come up against a few problems with aggression there too...

Thanks for the advice!

I was told the pictus would be ok on its own?

I think the gouramis are 2 female and 1 male.

Tiger barbs....oh. I dont think I have enough room now?

They do best in small groups i believe mate, do a search on google to make sure.

Personally i would return the Tigers and see how the tank fills out. I would also reconsider the Pictus with the smaller fish that you have.

Clicky here

They do best in small groups i believe mate, do a search on google to make sure.

Personally i would return the Tigers and see how the tank fills out. I would also reconsider the Pictus with the smaller fish that you have.

Clicky here

Pictus best in groups of 3 :)

I think the tetras will be ok, they are all adults, so fairly large, and there is plenty of cover.

Ill have a look and see if my LFS will take the barbs back. sad.

I guess better to make mistakes early!

I think you will start to see the Neons disappear though with the Pictus. Their mouths are like black holes when adult and will easily take a Neon... Just my opinion though.

Most reactions

Back