Progress Of My Fish/bedroom

Forestpisces

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
West yorkshire
Ok so my bedroom has been under construction for the past few weeks as it needed upgrading (the colour was awful amongst other things) so whilst planning it i decided to customise it to hold my tanks and more tanks. I'm still living with my parents and they say i can have as many tanks as i wasnt they just all have to be in my room :rolleyes:

so heres the progress so far: Click pics to enlarge
Before, with work about to start and furniture half ripped out.










Now, this is my new bed base headboard and bookcase:




This is the counter that will hold 3 medium sized tanks (x2 20gal x1 30gal) Colin the workman is reinforcing the beggesus out of it.


Theres still quite abit to do including installing alot of the plug sockets, and shelving e.t.c but it is going well and should be roughly finninshed in 2 weeks.

I will update as it progresses, oh and i think i've gone mad i was sorting out some tank upgrades yesterday and well just to give you an idea of the state of the room in living in at the moment.





I have 7 tanks in this room 5 of which are running 1 is a 2 ft waiting to be set-up when i move back into my room and 1 is a 6gal QT/hospital since i moved my fighters around. Of course it's been tidied up abit since the pictures were taken :blush:
 
Looking good :good: and that's a whole lotta tanks lol. Oh and before you know it your parents will probably want a tank in the lounge/living area but they will want you to look after it lol.
 
Mother already wants me to get angels and guppies and the like lol, her favourite is my blue betta Brom, no idea why i thinks it's because when i got him he had no finns and was at daths door.

Of course it's me who pays for all the tanks and gear (i work 2 jobs and it still never seems enough :rolleyes: )
 
It is looking good hon! How much longer to go before tank installation? Hope it isn't too hectic for you. It is going to be fantastic!
 
Yep, that's how it goes lol. If I didn't love keeping fish so much I would tell them to get an aquarium screensaver lol. :rolleyes:
 
Haha hopefully i'll be in there in about 2 weeks Amy :good:

I havn't the space for angels, i couldn't get a tank tall enough but mum really likes them lol. She also wants neons, guppeis e.t.c.i'm not that into them but she may get her wish with the guppies if i start breeding them for work (to prevent getting inbred shipments, they just have to spend so long in QT and are poor quality :/ )
 
With the counter with the medium tanks on, have a leg support directly under each tanks placement. Also get colin to sit on it once complete with a level looking for any sagging.
 
Can I swap mothers? :lol: Mine has banned me from having more than 3 tanks and I have no space in my room for any more! Argh! :shout:

I need to swap! ( I actually need a better job so I can move out hahaha )
 

Most reactions

Back
Top