Printed Backdrops...help?

NonstickRon

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Daytona Beach, FL USA
So how do you get the dumb things to on? I mean, obviously tape...but it only shows well when the plastic gets wet and sticks to the glass. And then theres a ton of air bubbles of course...and I don't want to knock over my tank tryign to move it away from the wall. Anybody have a trick to getting the things to look good?
 
Baby oil or vegetable oil, smooth small amount over back of tank, then press the background on, apparently this works, never tried it myself.
 
I have always had the same problem no matter how good i thought i taped it on, next time i am going to try a few big blobs of blue tac so the background is slighty away from the glass, any water behind should not get trapped.
 
I have always had the same problem no matter how good i thought i taped it on, next time i am going to try a few big blobs of blue tac so the background is slighty away from the glass, any water behind should not get trapped.

Baby oil or vaseline sound promising...vegetable oil...not so much. That would go rancid eventually...would be very icky.

Too bad its too late. The tank is up against the wall. Oh well.
 
i have used the background stickers to stick it in the tank and they look great :)
 
I have always had the same problem no matter how good i thought i taped it on, next time i am going to try a few big blobs of blue tac so the background is slighty away from the glass, any water behind should not get trapped.

Baby oil or vaseline sound promising...vegetable oil...not so much. That would go rancid eventually...would be very icky.

Too bad its too late. The tank is up against the wall. Oh well.

Yep probably would be yukky, could be wrong on the veg oil, something like that thou, personally I used double sided tape.
 
I find just painting a single color, usually black or blue is a great background for any tank... just my opinion though... not a fan of the "fancy backgrounds"

Ox :good:
 
Veg oil won't get rancid, but it does get very gummy and messy over time.
 
I find just painting a single color, usually black or blue is a great background for any tank... just my opinion though... not a fan of the "fancy backgrounds"

Ox :good:

not easy when you got little ones that want the nice backgrounds lol
i got to put up with the little ornaments and the backgrounds at the moment but as long as they are happy thats fine and when they leave home in 50 years i can get what i want in there lol


Sarah xx
 
Hi. I have tried the stickers that fastened it inside the tank. sounded great until a couple of young fish somehow got behind it! Also tried the sellotape on the edges on the outside of the tank. Quite agree there is no really successful method. Only, once a week I unstick one side and push a peice of kitchen roll over the glass and backdrop and restick. Looks good for another week if I'm lucky. I have three tanks with the same problem!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top