"Prime" water conditioner question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Swartz44

Reaction score
I bought this product to condition my water and remove some ammonia that I tested thats in my aquarium. Anyways I have a 20 gallon fishtank and do 25% water changes weekly. How much do I use to dose 1 gallon jugs? It says on the bottle only does in higher amounts of water(10 gallons or higher). Also there is no way to do drops because the liquid has a seal and only pours out. Online I seen to use 2 drops per gallon. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• 20201014_173538.jpg
    20201014_173538.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 38
It would be much easier to use a bigger container, but with prime its better to add too much than too little.
You could also just dose the tank with prime before any of the water.

Hi
I use prime in both my tanks. Basically two ways of dosing this. if you are adding tap water directly to the tank, then you dose the ml applicable to the tank size, so for you according to the instructions 10ml does 100g, so 20g is 2ml. If like me you need to get the tap water to the correct temp in a bucket and then pump it in, you only need to dose for the amount of water you are pumping. So a 2g bucket only needs 0.2ml.. best way to apply the volume is via pipettes which you can buy on Amazon at various volumes.

a bit over dose is ok, but I wouldn’t add too much over what is needed.

hope this helps

One thing you need to be aware of is that Prime does not remove ammonia; it detoxifies ammonia for around 24 hours after which it reverts back to toxic. It should only be added at a water change and not used between water changes as a treatment.

You need to find out why your tank always has an ammonia reading. Are the plants fake or live? Live plants will help remove ammonia from the water. And changing at least 50% a week will also help.

Re the bottle of Prime - do you have another container you could transfer to the Prime into? Tthen you could use a dropper to measure the right amount for the gallon jugs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back