pregnant platies?!?

longfam126

Reaction score
I have 2 female platies and just when I think they can't look anymore pregnant their belly size seems to decrease. Is this normal for platies? I am hoping for babies but am starting to wonder if this is really pregancy at all. Any help would be appreciated.

If the Platie looked like she was gonna bust and now shes skinny then she has had her babies!!! Did you see the dark gravid spot on her? If she has had her babies then check the gravel, plants or any other hiding place you have in you tank, some might have been lucky to escape being eaten and went into hiding.

Well, I don't see any babies and this has been going on for a few weeks. They look pregnant for a day or so and then back to normal. I can't see if there is a gravid spot because they are gold with black spots all over. Does anyone have a picture of a pregnant platy maybe? I'm just not sure if I should put them in a maternity tank and chance stressing them if they aren't pregnant at all. THanks for the suggestion's on other questions I've had. Let me know if anyone has any ideas!

Sounded like she had gas! :lol: I wouldn't worry too much. Let Nature take care of it. If she have babies, then it's great, if not, then it will happen in matter of time(that is if you are trying to get her to breed).

Sounds like mine, they get bloated after eating too much and you think they are so big that they must be pregnant, then the next day they are back to normal.....a pregnant one will look like that for weeks and get bigger and bigger and bigger..... :D

Thanks to all for the info, I think they just might be pigs disguised as fish! hehehe
Anyway, thanks again.

hi
i have a female creme comet platy called liz hehe :D and she had babys well i think cos they was exactly the same two little creme comet platys this big ----- i reckon they was the only suriovers just two :*) :crazy: shame but i recused them and put them in my old tank in my room out of the comunity livebeaer tank.but i was wondering the fact that she was never that fat!?!??!!? and one of my platys is very fat not on bursting point but still fat and i only seen the male mate with her once (this one is called milly she is a red wag thing u know black fins red body) i got this breeding holder thing so it keep s female awaay from babys cos the can swim out of the bottom but i was wondering if i should out her in it cos shes been quite fat for some time,also her maole ralph follows her around and i havent seen him mate with her just foloows her around.........plzzzzzzzz help i dunno what to dooooo :sad: :thumbs: also have dalmation molly that is mated withabout 20 times a day isnt it pregant yet ???????it is a little bit fat but why doe she keep mating with it??? :/ hop eu can answer my questions

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back