Predators In A 125l?

TimNorwich

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Points
18
So basically, just wondering if I can get any predatory fish in my Rio 125?

I really wanted some Piranahs, but couldnt get a tank any bigger than 125L :(

Are there any smaller species of Piranahs?

What other alternatives are there?

Many thanks,

Tim.
 
A sanchezi or irritans sould do okay in that. I have a sanchezi in a 29g. You could also use it to grow out larger serras. An Erythrinus erythrinus would also probably be fine too.
 
They do look pretty rapid.

Dont think i've ever seen them in any of my LFS.

What requirements do they have? Empty tank, free of plants?

How big do they get?

Also, i've always wondered what would happen if you put your arm in to move something around at the bottom of the tank?
 
basic amazon requirements.
they do well in both planted and bare tanks. no problem eating, or uprooting plants.
they grow to be an average of 3"

heres my planted exodon tank.

IMG_2426.jpg


and another feeding video (the above tank)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6#129###y84EsQ0
 
All of the tanks I've seen with them in look overstocked.

Can you feed them feeder fish?

Are they available I'm the UK as I've never seen them.

Thanks,

Tim
 
lol. thats because i heavily overstock my tanks. hahah. but more than make up for it in filtration. :good:
you can have a group as small as 10 exodons (10pc minimum), in a huge tank if you wanted, but they do much better in large groups.
they will accept live foods, but i do not feed them feeders.
as far as availability, i couldn't say in your area. this is not a very common fish in the hobby, and just about anywhere in the world (short of maybe brazil) you will have to order and wait on your LFS to find some. they are usually pretty hard to get.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top