Power Gravel Cleaner

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Andy P

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a power gravel cleaner and wondered if anyone has had any experience with the Eheim Battery powered sludge extractor or the mains powered Aquarium Systems 'POWER GRAVEL CLEANER PGR 1000'

Any comments (good bad or ugly!) appreciated...

Thanks

Andy

Hi,Andy,I bought a power gravel cleaner 240v but works on the same principle, i ranted and raved about it saying how good it was and how easy it made the job? on reflaction i wish i had saved my money to be honnest , all they seem to do is suck up all the rubish from the gravel (very well i must add) and mash it up then put mucky water through the strainer back in to the tank, i think put the money to a good quality syphon cleaner and clean when you do water changes, hope this helps regards Alan

would a higher quality filter bag solve the problem? I have been curious about them as well, but I have yet to buy anything. I think I have seen filter bags with different micron filtering capacities...

would a higher quality filter bag solve the problem? I have been curious about them as well, but I have yet to buy anything. I think I have seen filter bags with different micron filtering capacities...

Hi, I don,t think it would all the waste is turned into water the colour of tea?just passes through , don,t get me wrong they do catch a lot of sludge just what goes back into the tank is not nice, I use a good syphon now & happy doing it that way. :good:

I had me one of those battery powered ones. It is a bit bulky, by the time I had finished there were plants floating about all over the place and all for a tiny bit of sludge! save you money IMO.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back