Potential Fungus on Dwarf Gourami?

Tmourt7

Reaction score
Last night I noticed a small white spot on my dwarf flame gourami. I had recently had a flagfish in the tank for about a day and he had ended up nipping the fins of my other fish, so I removed him immediately. My first thought was that perhaps the slight fin damage compromised my gourami's immune system and he developed some kind of infection. I sent a pic to my friend and he thought it looked like a scale had fallen off. I havent had a chance to do any water tests since I saw the white spot but can do them once I get home this evening. I wanted to share a couple pictures with you guys to see if you had any idea what this might be or how I should go about addressing it if need be. Thanks!! (The spot is located near the base of the tail fin)

Attachments

• gourami2.jpg
    gourami2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 209
  • gourami1.jpg
    gourami1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 422
It just looks like a lifted scale from a small injury to me. Maybe from a decoration or an aggressive tank mate.

It just looks like a lifted scale from a small injury to me. Maybe from a decoration or an aggressive tank mate.
It could very well have been the aggressive flagfish. he was responsible for the fin damage as well. Do you think this is something that will just heal over time or should I take any action to medicate? Thank you for your response!

It just looks like a lifted scale and should be fine. If you are concerned, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

It just looks like a lifted scale and should be fine. If you are concerned, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
That’s good to hear. Thank you for your advice! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back