Postedby Me For, Minxfishy

Shel that interesting info.
If he was in a bag with the other corys wouldn't the others be poisoned.
 
Yep bag water was 7.4ish which matched what I was told they were in, they were in the bag for approx 45 mins journey, then 15 minutes floating before I did the add cup of tank water/ cup of bag water out method which I always use.

Shelagh, sounds interesting, I didnt bag the fish and I didnt look that closely, each species of cory was bagged seperatly, the pandas in their own bag so I wouldnt have noticed that. I know that panda corys are more sensitive than many of the other species of cory, funny thing was they were the most active of all of them, always out looking for food and I think eating more than their fair share and the other 3 still are!!

Probably never know what it is, but I shall do daily water change for a while, have been doing every other day since they arrived,once was to clean up plec poop before I moved her to her own tank (she came with the corys from same source), then yesterday again just as I was doing all the other tanks anyway, but I shall just keep it up for a while, dont want to lose anymore/

Thanks again Wilder, anything else occurs, i shall let you know.
 
Just check your tap ammonia reading.
 
Hadnt thought of that, but shall check it, always been 0 so didnt think about it.
 
Might aswell rule it out just incase,.

How long before his gills went red.
If shel right about cory putting a lethal poison mucas out would of expected his gill to go red straight away, also his breathing being abit laboured.
Toxins also make fish dart around.
 
Tap water ammonia, 0.

Only thing I cant think of that might have an effect is that I use pond dechlor not aquarium, now its never affected my other fish no even the BGKF who is the most senstive little soul I have come across, but would it have bothered the cories? Hasnt affected my albino cories in another tank.




Might aswell rule it out just incase,.

How long before his gills went red.
If shel right about cory putting a lethal poison mucas out would of expected his gill to go red straight away, also his breathing being abit laboured.
Toxins also make fish dart around.

From Thursday til yesterday before I noticed any reddening of gills or anything else, so 5 days. No they werent and arent darting around, just more active in the fact that they come out front to eat more than the others I got the same day who seem more shy, soon as they see more approach they run, whereas the panda stand their ground. The others seem more interested in playing an endurance game of who can swim fastest and highest up the spray bar flow. They kinda take it in turns :lol: Mad.
 
Ok.
How was his body weight

Could of already been ill and the stress speeded things up.
Corys symtoms were.
Red gills looked like there were bleeding.
Cob webs on the gills and head region.
Slime coat that was looking dried out.
 
Weight and size same as the other pandas, they are about 1"-2", nice round appearance, yep those are the symptons, I think we are going to have to say stress and possibly ph shock as nothing else seems close enough to say for definate.
 
Never come across anything like it.
Ph shock can take a while to kill fish so keep a close eye on the others.
Have you deposed of the dead cory as you could bag him and put him in the freezer and take him to a vet to have tests done on him.
 
Watching them like a hawk :D

Fish was bagged and put out with the rubbish this morning, so dont really want to fish him out again.

Thanks again for your help :)
 
Ok good luck with the rest of them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top