Possibly Starting A New Betta Sorority.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VaegaVic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about redoing my 64L tank and turning it into a female betta tank.
I'm aiming for about 11 girls, and due to the tank being almost completely fully stocked currently, I can afford to add them all at once.

What I want from you guys is your experience of your sororities.
Is it necessary to remove all the girls every time I need to add one?
What should their feeding regime be?
How do they get along with fish like cories etc?

Thanks.

So I'm thinking about redoing my 64L tank and turning it into a female betta tank.
I'm aiming for about 11 girls, and due to the tank being almost completely fully stocked currently, I can afford to add them all at once.

What I want from you guys is your experience of your sororities.
Is it necessary to remove all the girls every time I need to add one?
What should their feeding regime be?
How do they get along with fish like cories etc?

Thanks.

I would never recommend keeping a sorority of bettas these fish are not social fish. In the wild they do not live together in groups. Keeping a group is unnatural if you think about it. Now I know they are all different some bettas are more mellow then others. Some females are just as aggressive as males.

I had 6 females in a 36 gal tank with a few other fish. They were always stressing each other out. They all slowly died off. I think the die off might have something to do with the source being petco. Yet at the same time I still have a male that I got at petco and he is 3 years old.

When I had my girls there was always one queen that would beat up all the others. The lowest in the pecking order would hide and only came out for food. Not a fun life. I had lots of places for all to hide. I had that set up for almost a year till every female died off. I really think stress was the main reason for the short life.

I have been keeping bettas for 15 years and would never do the sorority again. Bettas are best when kept as only bettas in a tank that is stocked around thier needs or kept alone. If you want beautiful fish that likes to live together look into a bigger tank for discus. I have discus now yet will always have at least on betta.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back