The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

liz2

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
PICT0160.jpg

PICT0142.jpg

I went into my lfs this morning to get some bird seed. He had some new bettas in, 3 quite good ones. I went past one tank and had to look again, the one in there was chewed to bits. I grabbed the chap in the shop and took him to the tank, the fish came in yesterday and the assistant had put the betta in with an aggressive fish, he had no where to move him to so I bought him half price. sorry for the rubbishy photos but he is so scared. i have had to put him in an orb thing but he is exploring it so fingers crossed

Poor thing -_- Thats going to take some time to heal. Hold a second, is that, a male? Good lord. How is that poor thing swimming? Let us know how he gets on.

Poor lil thing, i thought it was female from the piccys, poor lil chap, he will have the best chance with you Liz, keep us updated :good:

A couple of times recently I have seen Bettas that are having their tails chewed by their tank mates in the local fish shops. In really winds me up particulary when I see in the lfs closest to the house, the staff in there care about the fish and usually keep them in excellent conditions. If I had any room in the house I would love to do what you have done and rescue the betta.

My own betta lost alot of his tail when he was ill, not all of it but alot of it has grown back. Most importantly though I think he is happy and not disadvantaged by it.

From what I can see in your pics I think your betta should be careful of regrowing much of his tail.

should be a vt, no top fin, no tail, no bottom fin and no ventrals at all, but he has the cutest little face. :good:

I see quite a bit of fin nipping in my LFS, i really just want to buy them all - because they are all so pretty, Ive got the bettabug. Liz im sure youll get him through his trauma, do you have anything in is tank for his tail?

Oh bless his little cotton socks...

Really hope he gets better soon - I think I would've done the same thing in rescuing him :) he'll be a stunner i'm sure

Bless Him.
Good Luck.

Good luck with him Liz....what a poor state for him to have gotten into :sad:

As I said he is in a bio orb, which I dont like, but it is a big one and has air bubbles which he doesnt seem bothered about. In sons bedroom which is nice and warm, just got water conditioner and salt in tank. I will keep an eye on him over the next few days but I think he would have been dead today if I had left him.. :good:

Are orbs heated? Ive seent hose BioOrbs before and have always wondered if they can have heaters in them or not. Are you treating him with anything other than salt?

Poor lil fella. I checked on the boy at my lfs the other day because he has been in a small tank about 8ltrs with 3 girls now for a couple of weeks. The lfs man didnt even seem phased by it. Their fins are all torn to shreds and im convinced that less then a minute after i walked out the door last time he was back in that tank with them.

i hate how much bettas get misstreated in stores! it ####s me! especially when i see a dead one!
if i had the money and tank space i'd be saving more then 50% of the little buggers
i hope he recovers. good on you for taking him in!

Oh bless his little cotton socks...

Really hope he gets better soon - I think I would've done the same thing in rescuing him :) he'll be a stunner i'm sure

:rofl: never heard that b4!!

hope he does well!! but that is a horrible state he is in.... how high is the water level?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back