Plecomin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

reg2k2

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I heard it was discontinued.  Lately, haven't seen it anywhere.  Checked a Tetra site, wasn't listed.  I always liked to alternate between that and Tabimin for variety.  Tried wafers years ago, but he didn't go for 'em.  Bought diff. brand spirulina tabs 2 days ago (I thought they looked good), but just noticed--he hasn't touched them.  Poor guy.  Probably why he was looking at me like that this morning.

I've never accually heard of this product. DOn't use much tetra stuff. I like hikari.
After looking up a few catalogues, theres Tetra Tabimin. Don't know if this will be the same or not. But it's flake food for cats and the like ;)

:D Hi reg, you'll be happy to know that Plecomin is still available. Try Ultimate Discount Aquatics they still have it in their catalogue, or click on the name and you will go to their website.
Plecomin is a vitamin enriched spirulina tablet for plecs and catfish.
Tabimin is a tablet version of Tetra flake.
For more info about Tetra  Click Here.
:thumbs:  Mac.

I'm in the huff with UDA the now :laugh:

I spoke to a man in the know. He said they would be totaly mad to get rid of it, it's one of their best sellers.

It's a loads of crap as far as he was concerend and not likely. ;)

Thanks, Mac!

Tried your link, didn't find any Plecomin.  But it prompted me to check out some aquarium supply sites over here in the states.  Found it!! :D   A relief to know it's still around.

Davy, why crap?  I got  nothin' against Hikari, but apparently my fish does. ;)  Nutrafin, too.  But I'm gonna try those on the tetras---omnivores, they eat veggies, too, right?

:D Reg, click on the page, it starts with goldfish but roll down to tropical food, the first one on the list is Plecomin. I find Tetra foods very good and have used Pleco and Tabimin a lot with catfish with excellent results. Everyone has their own preferances but fish fed exclusively on one brand tend not to try anything different when offered.  ;)  Mac.
P.S. as you haven't posted your location I assumed you were from the U.K. Posting your location on your personal details won't do any harm, just make a tinfoil hat and the aliens won't get you! :laugh: :laugh:

Davy Reynolds said:
It's a loads of crap as far as he was concerend and not likely.
No you got my wrong m8.

I ment the story was crap. The guy couldn't see any logical reason for them stopping this product as it's there top seller.

That's what I ment. The hakari thing. My fish like it so I like it and thats why I havent tried tetra plecomin

Hey all...hate to be the person to break this to you all, but my sources tell me that Tetra is going out of business.

This comes from a very reliable source...a very well known breeder who also deals in a large scope of dry goods.

Several months ago I attempted to buy a 11lb can of doromin stick food and they told me that Tetra was going out of business.

I will try to confirm this on my next visit to them.

If you do find the foods your looking for, it is prolly stock they have had for awhile.

Also Tetra was one of the cichlid club sponsers I belong to and 6 months ago or so they told us they could no longer be a sponser.

I do believe they were selling out to a new company, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Stay tuned for further updates as I can get them.

Larry

WOW....tetra going out of buisness. That's a scary thing. I like their stuff as do my fish. My fish won't eat anything that's not tetra made unless it's frozen or live. R

I'll try to get out to my suppliers this weekend and get the latest on this.

Larry

So will Aquarian be doing fishy sized mars bars now??? ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back