Pleco Appreciation Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ehh, the only reason i like common plecos is BECAUSE theyre cute
You know what? That's honestly fair enough. Mine's got beautiful baby eyes that stare right through you!
Be prepared to have a pond-sized tank though, some people on this forum seem to think they grow to full size overnight. ?

I would
20210121_124014.jpg
appreciate them more if they weren't so boney and had more meat on them :devil:

Nougat not amused and wishing she could sharpen her already pretty impressive feline teeth and teleport to wherever the likes of your-kind inhabit.

(Although it's the back set of paw-claws that do the deed. Teeth are for, ahem, other things)!?

My little baby, Ziggy, the Starlight Pleco. He's brand new, not in his permanent tank yet and a bit camera shy. My first pleco! He's decided his favourite spots are behind the sponge filter, and tucked into the back of a chunk of driftwood. He's only an inch and a half long. Only had him for a week and I'm in love with him already, so I guess I've joined the pleco club! :wub:
View attachment 130257
View attachment 130258View attachment 130259

Those photos don't do the fellow justice, I've seen other pictures! Unless this is another one.
Does he play guitar?

MMMM yummy, that cat looks really tasty :devil:
Yeah, she is the more full-figured of my 2.

It's not that she cares for plecos, she just cat-senses your intentions even when its not for her species. That's how far extends the disdain she holds for her arch-nemesis.

Also, both Busquit and Nougat can't resist a photobomb.

20201111_045418.jpg
20201111_045418.jpg

....or two ?

Those photos don't do the fellow justice, I've seen other pictures! Unless this is another one.
Does he play guitar?
If I can get a mini guitar to put in the tank, I'll be a happy woman! I'll even add a zigzag design to the back wall.

Ohhh, thinking on it, a Labyrinth themed tank would be awesome....

Is it normal to never see your pleco eat? Mine has been in there since the 23rd Feb. I deliberately left the bac and side walls without wiping them down for a while, so they have a good coating of biofilm. I've been dropping algae wafers near his favourite spot (behind the filter) and have tried placing softened cucumber and courgette near him, but haven't spotted him eating, except when he moves on the glass... is he eating algae and biofilm then? I assume he must be eating and getting enough since he's still alive and still looks well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back