The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Should actually see the real teeth instead of the little mouth mustache lol

This isn't my photo:
doubledisturbed.png
Ah. Well, that's scarring.

0044714A-804D-4B6F-B580-6236BC981363.jpeg

this is big gal al, formerly big al (till I realized it’s probably a girl), common bristlenose pleco. One of the first fish I bought. Made it thru my ammonia fueled, ich outbreak die off.

1C406451-CE3F-4414-8303-9227E7418570.jpeg

Then the newbie, yet to be named, super red bnp. Obviously still very juvenile. But such a cutie.

what’s not to love about these guys!? (Besides the poop)
But seriously, when big gal decides to cruise around the bottom looking for the prime algae she looks like a little tank submarine on the prowl. I love it.

View attachment 130378
this is big gal al, formerly big al (till I realized it’s probably a girl), common bristlenose pleco. One of the first fish I bought. Made it thru my ammonia fueled, ich outbreak die off.

View attachment 130379
Then the newbie, yet to be named, super red bnp. Obviously still very juvenile. But such a cutie.

But seriously, when big gal decides to cruise around the bottom looking for the prime algae she looks like a little tank submarine on the prowl. I love it.
Big gal al is sailfin pleco, not a bristlenose at all, potentially will reach over 12" long.

Big gal al is sailfin pleco, not a bristlenose at all, potentially will reach over 12" long.
Doesn’t surprise me it was tagged wrong at the store. I did do some online searching because I had the suspicion it was actually a sailfin, but I guess I found enough pics of bristlenose that looked similar that I convinced myself she’s a bnp. Obviously I’ll need to upgrade my tank as she grows up. (Was gonna happen eventually cause I’m a sucker for new world cichlids as well)

View attachment 130378

View attachment 130379

Oh wow, is that just the lighting colour or is he really that red in real life? How beautiful!!

my dream fish is a common pleco, plecos are so cute
About to sound like every fish keeper out there, but common plecos are pretty useless lol. I love mine, but that's really only because he's cute and small. Doesn't actually contribute anything to the tank lol. My sailfin does more work than him!

About to sound like every fish keeper out there, but common plecos are pretty useless lol. I love mine, but that's really only because he's cute and small. Doesn't actually contribute anything to the tank lol. My sailfin does more work than him!
ehh, the only reason i like common plecos is BECAUSE theyre cute

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back