PLEASE tell me these are fry not some kind of insect larvae πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

My original adult females are fat with eggs at the moment, and the dominant males have their dark red breeding colours. I'll have to start my own fish business if they spawn again and keep at it πŸ˜‚
Why not breed them again. I started breeding rainbowfish and supplying the local shops. I brought the price down so more people could afford them and sold heaps. The money was used to pay for the power, food and other things I needed for the fish, including more fish :)

I can see it now. A giant factory in Ireland, cornering the world market in beckfordi. Ireland has given the world fantastic writers and poets, so a supply of pencils would fit right in.

I really enjoy breeding fish and watching that growth and development as they change from little larval lumps into sleek mini-fish.

Why not breed them again. I started breeding rainbowfish and supplying the local shops. I brought the price down so more people could afford them and sold heaps. The money was used to pay for the power, food and other things I needed for the fish, including more fish :)
I'm genuinely considering giving it a go, and intentionally breeding them again. I've never seen any species of pencilfish in any of the fish shops I've visited in Ireland. I'm sure there would be enough demand!

I really enjoy breeding fish and watching that growth and development as they change from little larval lumps into sleek mini-fish.
It's been fascinating to see my little pencilfish taking shape!

Look at the tiny fins!! πŸ˜‚
IMG_20240324_234912.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back