Please Help

oshahed

New Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Mineola, NY
Could anyone help me to find out the disease of my fish? What necessary action should I take?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6881.webp
    IMG_6881.webp
    144.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_6880.webp
    IMG_6880.webp
    218.3 KB · Views: 122
One of us will know, I don't. Keep checking back in.
 
Can you post some more pictures of it under normal white light (not blue light)?
Can you also post a picture showing the entire tank?

How long has it been like that?
How long have you had the fish for?
How long has the tank been set up for?

Is there an aquarium heater in the tank?
Is there anywhere the fish could get stuck in the tank?
 
That's ugly. My first guess is a tumour. If that's correct, then there's nothing you can do but euthanize him.
 
Can you post some more pictures of it under normal white light (not blue light)?
Can you also post a picture showing the entire tank?

How long has it been like that?
How long have you had the fish for?
How long has the tank been set up for?

Is there an aquarium heater in the tank?
Is there anywhere the fish could get stuck in the tank?
Hey Colin,

Hope you are doing great. I set up this tank almost 2 years ago. This tank is 10 gallon tank. I m using HOB and submersible pump for extra flow. Its almost been 4-6 months this fish has this, all other platys are ok. I usually use heater in winter time. I changed 30%-40% water every week and I didn’t see any of my fish ever stuck in to rock or something. Please see the more attachment. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6880.webp
    IMG_6880.webp
    218.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6892.webp
    IMG_6892.webp
    264.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6891.webp
    IMG_6891.webp
    274.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6890.webp
    IMG_6890.webp
    140.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6889.webp
    IMG_6889.webp
    154.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6888.webp
    IMG_6888.webp
    129.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6885.webp
    IMG_6885.webp
    156.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6884.webp
    IMG_6884.webp
    153 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6883.webp
    IMG_6883.webp
    236.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6879.webp
    IMG_6879.webp
    175.2 KB · Views: 87
Has the growth gotten bigger during the 4-6 months the fish has had it?

Presumably it's a tumour (like Gary said) but a weird shaped one. It's certainly not a normal common disease so the other fish are unlikely to catch it.

I would monitor the fish and if it stops eating or has trouble swimming, euthanise it.

In the meantime, photograph it and video it. This is really unusual and interesting (at least to me) :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top