Platys

living_dead

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My platies are acting funny, they sit around at the bottom of the tank for about 1/2 the day and then are very active. Its a 10 gallon. There are 3 of the, my tank has been cycled and cleaned 15% weekly water changes. I have plants (hornwort?) that is growing very well. I don't have anymore test strips at the moment. Should later this week. The tank has been up for about a month. I have a pregnant molly in the tank and she is very active and never sits at the bottom of the tank. I have a top fin power filter 10 in the tank. I was wondering if it might be causing to much water flow? It doesn't have a valvue how could I turn down the flow some what? Thanks.

For some reason my platies do the same i have no idea why, but i should not worry as i have had them for over a year now! good luck

Female platies tend to become shy when they are pregnant. They tend to pick a small corner hidden away from everything. In one case, one of the female figured out a route to reach to the center of the java moss, and stayed there forever, ocasionally coming out...

Could this be the case for you as well?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back