Platys

living_dead

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My platies are acting funny, they sit around at the bottom of the tank for about 1/2 the day and then are very active. Its a 10 gallon. There are 3 of the, my tank has been cycled and cleaned 15% weekly water changes. I have plants (hornwort?) that is growing very well. I don't have anymore test strips at the moment. Should later this week. The tank has been up for about a month. I have a pregnant molly in the tank and she is very active and never sits at the bottom of the tank. I have a top fin power filter 10 in the tank. I was wondering if it might be causing to much water flow? It doesn't have a valvue how could I turn down the flow some what? Thanks.

For some reason my platies do the same i have no idea why, but i should not worry as i have had them for over a year now! good luck

Female platies tend to become shy when they are pregnant. They tend to pick a small corner hidden away from everything. In one case, one of the female figured out a route to reach to the center of the java moss, and stayed there forever, ocasionally coming out...

Could this be the case for you as well?

Most reactions

Back