The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

samkee00

Reaction score
A while back I was gone for 2 weeks on vacation. My 10gal tank had 2 male platies and 4 golden tetras. We came back, and one platy was completely missing, so we assumed it either died and was eaten somehow, or a cat got to it.

Now though, the remaining platy hides constantly and only comes out to eat and otherwise very rarely. Before the other platy vanished, they would swim around together most of the time. Do I need to/should I get another platy, or is it probably sick?

As I have a small tank I would have to get another male to avoid breeding, I'm not sure if that makes it more complicated. I'd prefer to get a honey gourami and a couple more golden tetras, but if getting another platy will help the one I have, I'd rather do that.

adding a honey gourami and more golden tetras would over stock your tank. I would recommend adding another platy. The platy you have at the moment could be sick or just feels threatened being the only platy in the tank. every fish is different so there is no real way of being able to tell unless it starts to show more signs of being sick.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back