FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Um, I want to say Aquaflow 500? Or Bioflow 50. It came with the Jewel 110 tank set up.

Hopefully he will recover fine. We've now moved the other three male platys to the other tank, so that stress has gone.

Okay, I have a juwel rio 180, so should have a similar filter, the bioflow 60. If I'm correct (and it's like mine) then it's an internal filter box in one corner fixed into the tank?

I cannot work out how it got in there unless it somehow swam up the outlet pipe.

Yeah fixed in the corner. Could he have jumped in some how, through the hole? It's the only thing I think.

He must have gone in the hole but I would have thought he would have hit the divider. I have the same filter and I'm genuinely shocked he managed to get in there, he must be a Houdini fish!

He was really far in as well, I think that's why he got injured.

Was he in the sponge side or the pump side? Apologies if you've already answered that.

Incredibly happy to report that he is alive and kicking! Some of his tail did fall off, but it's already growing and the red discoloration on his tail is fading. He's swimming like a normal platy now, getting it in with the two females. He doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank at all now.

Attachments

• 20190929_120623.jpg
    20190929_120623.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 119

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back