Plasma Screen Tank.

Fastblur

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland
I've been pottering along quite happily with my first tank for about a year now, I feel a bit more confident about the hobby and consequently have been looking into getting another tank. I don't have horrendous amounts of room in my flat so have had my eye on wall tanks. I've done a little research on here about them and it seems the general consensus is that they're hard to clean, difficult to stock and generally not worth the effort. I know they look nifty but I'm curious as to what I ought to stock one with (obviously tetra sized fish) and was thinking about planting it but not sure about the room.

As it is so narrow and rather high, I thought a school of small mid level dwelling fish? I.e. a mix of Neons and so on with a few amano shrimp? Maybe some of those little cory things (I think that's the ones anyway).

Dimensions are 85 - 45 -12.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=WDVW&rd=1

Thank you for reading.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
why don't you just build or buy a double or triple tier stand. Then you can have 2 or 3 tanks in the same spot you currently have one.
 
why don't you just build or buy a double or triple tier stand. Then you can have 2 or 3 tanks in the same spot you currently have one.

Thats a great idea. You could also have the tanks custom built to any size you wish. Windsor-aquatics are excellent value.
 
why don't you just build or buy a double or triple tier stand. Then you can have 2 or 3 tanks in the same spot you currently have one.

Yep I would go with that. the other tank is only 5g and will be a nightmare to keep. Definetly not worth the price.
 
Agree with above. in my opinion that tank is no where near big enough for any tetra or shoaling fish and because its so slim cories would be one of the worst fish to put in it...have you guys read what the e-bay seller has writen on the "what to keep in the tank"? its ridiculous. it also says to clean 10% of the water a month! what poor advice..

you and your fish would be much better off with the suggestion above :D
 
It also says just add water and just add fish.... yeah if you like wasting your money. Some people could buy this not knowing the first thing about fish keeping and bang! one gorgeous looking tank full of dead fish
 
Wall tanks are generally a waste of time, imo there nothing 'nifty' looking about a bunch of fish cramped into the most innapropriate container. Wall tanks are good for a few plants at best :) id go with the 3 tier idea.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top