Planted tank - need help with plant ID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alvintayyw

Reaction score
Hi all,

May i know what are the plants i have growing in my tank? I know i have dwarf hair grass that i am trying to carpet...
https://imgur.com/a/ugPPc
Thank you!
ugPPc

if it is true hair grass it wont last long under water, and neither will the red plant that looks like red or pink Alteranthera. They are both marsh plants that rot when left under water.

no idea about the others.

-------------------
Can you post a picture of the platy that is in the tank? It looks a bit skinny.

if it is true hair grass it wont last long under water, and neither will the red plant that looks like red or pink Alteranthera. They are both marsh plants that rot when left under water.

no idea about the others.

-------------------
Can you post a picture of the platy that is in the tank? It looks a bit skinny.
Hi!
https://imgur.com/a/sTTr6
There are 3 in there and there are actually feeders but i wanted to try keeping them
Sorry about the white particles the co2 tablets make a mess

How long has the tank been set up for?

How long have you had the guppy and platies for?
The platies could have worms and gill flukes. Do they do stringy white poop or seem to breathe more heavily after you do water changes or work in the tank?

How long has the tank been set up for?

How long have you had the guppy and platies for?
The platies could have worms and gill flukes. Do they do stringy white poop or seem to breathe more heavily after you do water changes or work in the tank?
Tank has been set up for close to 2 months and the platies were introduced couple of days ago..
i didnt notice any stringy white poop and haven did any water change since they were added so cant really tell their breathing
The feeder platies were taken from my brothers tank which has been running for quite some time

Give the platies a couple of weeks and if they haven't filled out and look more normal, then treat them for worms and gill flukes. Most deworming medication will also do the gill flukes so you can nail them both at once.

Hi

Your tank is too small for Platies, its just big enough for 1 Betta, catch the platies and return them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back