Planted 52

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ah, I can see the rudimentary purpose and how it works.

Quite simple really, but sometimes the simple stuff works the best!

Though the upside down cup, I fail to see how this will distribute the Co2 throughout the water column, am used to atomisers / diffusers (though they tend to get blocked every now and again which gets annoying sometimes) so am wondering if putting a small power head or something near a Co2 distributer of sorts will help move the Co2 around the tank this getting to most if not all the plants.

Just a theory anyway, I like the eBay link you gave for the line and reg, at £14 you can’t go wrong really so it’s def worth a try.

Will keep having a look and see if can come up with something that’s more suited for me but that’s fantastic information, good as gold!

:good:
Yeh I'm certain circulation is still key, and probably more so with the passive method. It could be completely pointless on a tank my size, possibly better suited to 20G and under.. we'll see!

The chamber would need to be pushed as close down to the substrate as possible, around 6 inches above, as this makes the trapped co2 more pressurised, and therefore forces the diffusion. It'll be easier for gas exchange to happen between the bubble of gas in the chamber than it is at the water surface due to the difference in pressure - i think is the idea anyway.

My birthday coming up so maybe I'll do injection properly and convert a co2 fire extinguisher :D

Just to add, have been refilling the chamber (about 200ml section of a 300ml drinks bottle) on a daily basis... so, it's certainly being absorbed. Wonder how that compares to someone running injection at 3 bps volume wise?

IMG_20201005_195422.jpg

I mean they would still all melt and die and be covered in algae after a month but we'd still have that month of beautiful Aquascapes
I have one tank with beautiful, healthy growing plants and almost no algae, while my other tank has a light bioload and a crappy light, and there's three or four types of horrible algae growing everywhere and the plants aren't growing much. Need to sort that tank out, a decent light, even if it's cheap, makes a big difference.

I have one tank with beautiful, healthy growing plants and almost no algae, while my other tank has a light bioload and a crappy light, and there's three or four types of horrible algae growing everywhere and the plants aren't growing much. Need to sort that tank out, a decent light, even if it's cheap, makes a big difference.

Hop on board the adjustable length, timer & dimmer available Nicrew! I too have one perfect, beautiful, peaceful planted tank and then one tank from hell that needs to be bleached & burned in the fires of hell. Which I would do of it wasn't for the fish.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HI42LKC/?tag=

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hop on board the adjustable length, timer & dimmer available Nicrew! I too have one perfect, beautiful, peaceful planted tank and then one tank from hell that needs to be bleached & burned in the fires of hell. Which I would do of it wasn't for the fish.

Yep, thats the one on this tank, well, the 2nd gen version i think?

Nicrew are good lights! I might have to wait and ask Santa for one, my hobby money has been pretty wiped out by setting up the last two tanks. I do think a decent light and adding some fast growing stuff like some of the l.sessilflora would help though. The light is the main problem I'm sure, and once you have those algaes, they're so hard to get rid of.

I think @mbsqw1d should be designing all our tanks :wub:

I like seeing everyone’s individual tanks and seeing some of their thought process into designing their tank aquascape.

Few people can have an aquascape like @mbsqw1 on their first tank or even second or third! I certainly did not :lol:

I’ve seen folks who have had bright pink gravel, outlandish decor, even skulls and totally fake plants in their tanks and they love it!

Then see perhaps one year later to see a complete transformation of basically the opposite of the bright pink gravel tank but still one or two little individual touches to make their own stamp on what they think is the best tank in the world but over time this tends to evolve into something that they think is best for their livestock but still keeping their personal individuality on the tank aquascape.

I like seeing this and I like seeing the few personal touches whether it’s a beautiful tree with moss on a nice stone or whether it’s a diy sand waterfall inside the tank or stunning pieces of drift or root wood all making their own statements.

I have seen over the years on this forum that there have been some stunningly breathtaking tank aquascapes that I can only dream of doing but I truly admire that talent and vision of what they try to achieve and for what these folks to show to the world what they can do to create their vision of their ideal tank aquascape, no need to be jealous, just simply admire them and do your very best on your own tanks.:)

I like seeing everyone’s individual tanks and seeing some of their thought process into designing their tank aquascape.

Few people can have an aquascape like @mbsqw1 on their first tank or even second or third! I certainly did not :lol:

I’ve seen folks who have had bright pink gravel, outlandish decor, even skulls and totally fake plants in their tanks and they love it!

Then see perhaps one year later to see a complete transformation of basically the opposite of the bright pink gravel tank but still one or two little individual touches to make their own stamp on what they think is the best tank in the world but over time this tends to evolve into something that they think is best for their livestock but still keeping their personal individuality on the tank aquascape.

I like seeing this and I like seeing the few personal touches whether it’s a beautiful tree with moss on a nice stone or whether it’s a diy sand waterfall inside the tank or stunning pieces of drift or root wood all making their own statements.

I have seen over the years on this forum that there have been some stunningly breathtaking tank aquascapes that I can only dream of doing but I truly admire that talent and vision of what they try to achieve and for what these folks to show to the world what they can do to create their vision of their ideal tank aquascape, no need to be jealous, just simply admire them and do your very best on your own tanks.:)

You're always so wise Charlie!

@AdoraBelle Dearheart oh I hear you. The cost of my new hobby is really adding up :/

But let's all bask in the beauty of @mbsqw1d's tank :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back