Plant Identification

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MollyMan1

Reaction score
My dad got this plant from Petsmart and it wasn't listed what type. Anyone know what type it is?

Next week I may put in a half root tab next to it. It does have some black algae on it, if anyone know how to remove that I would be thankful. Or if anyone knows what type it is, I think it is Black Beard Algae.

I have another post about the algae if you would look at that too.

Attachments

• PXL_20221127_164943320.jpg
    PXL_20221127_164943320.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 44
Yes, the algae is black beard. I responded in the other thread, it would be best to keep this issue in that thread; havng two threads on the same question can lead to confusion, plus everyone may not see all posts.

As for this plant, I think it is Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) which can develop broader less pinnate leaves, depending upon light and nutrients. A root tab will not provide much, but a liquid comprehensive supplement will; these plants like most stem plants assimilate some nutrients via the roots and others solely via leaves. And roots will (may) develop from several nodes along the stem in water.

Yes, the algae is black beard. I responded in the other thread, it would be best to keep this issue in that thread; havng two threads on the same question can lead to confusion, plus everyone may not see all posts.

As for this plant, I think it is Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) which can develop broader less pinnate leaves, depending upon light and nutrients. A root tab will not provide much, but a liquid comprehensive supplement will; these plants like most stem plants assimilate some nutrients via the roots and others solely via leaves. And roots will (may) develop from several nodes along the stem in water.
Interesting... Thank you. Sorry for all the questions. Sometimes a lot of curiosity will overcome me and I will post a lot on this forum. I know that research is a possible idea, but I trust people on here since many have experienced things.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back