Plant Identification

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
3,425
Reaction score
1,907
Points
113
Location
Thailand
Hello TFF!

Can anyone identify this aquatic plant?
 

Attachments

  • 10B952F1-385A-430A-ADA8-20ECBF36AED9.webp
    10B952F1-385A-430A-ADA8-20ECBF36AED9.webp
    213.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 8FB60010-577B-4408-9C5E-5452CEE6C6E3.webp
    8FB60010-577B-4408-9C5E-5452CEE6C6E3.webp
    427.9 KB · Views: 198
Looks like anubias variety to me.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210121-065257_Google.webp
    Screenshot_20210121-065257_Google.webp
    207.4 KB · Views: 170
No idea but it looks interesting. Put them in pots with some fertiliser and red clay and grow them on. Get some more pictures and see what they turn into. :)
 
No idea but it looks interesting. Put them in pots with some fertiliser and red clay and grow them on. Get some more pictures and see what they turn into. :)
My friend found them in a water though.
 
Yeah, put them in pots with some fertiliser and clay and put them in the tank or a pond. See what they grow into.
 
So...I finally know what it is....

It’s just a plant that is flooded in the waterfall and is now rotten, that’s why it’s brown :(
 
Cool! Judging by the roots, I'd bet it's some sort of broad-leafed cryptocoryne. Maybe pondtederifolia or a broad leafed variant of tropica? Sounds like you're experiencing typical crypt melt. Try planting it the roots in water with a good, deep substrate and see if it comes back.
 
Cool! Judging by the roots, I'd bet it's some sort of broad-leafed cryptocoryne. Maybe pondtederifolia or a broad leafed variant of tropica? Sounds like you're experiencing typical crypt melt. Try planting it the roots in water with a good, deep substrate and see if it comes back.
Crypt! That’s what I thought when I first saw it
I don’t think it’s coming back, it’s rotten :(

How do you know it’s not a ground plants though?
 
Well, in nature crypt often grows as a bog plant: Roots in the water, leaves and blossoms in the air. I suspect that's what you've got here. Those roots just look really crypt-ish (cryptic? cryptographic? what IS the proper adjective here?) to me.
 
Update;
After reading plants book, I can confirm this is
Cryptocoryne wendtii ‘brown’
 
leaves are too big for wendtii, either that or you have really small hands :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top