Plant Id please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, I have this fern type plant and have not been able to find its name or even common name , it appears to have roots growing from its leaves ? I no it must be common as it was in a cheap mixture lot. Any info on it would be great as its one of the only plants I can grow, others seem to melt away.

Oops ,,, I'll try again lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
It looks Bolbitis. if it is, then it's a nice plant to have.

Does it have a rhizome/ tuber that the roots come out of?
If it does, the plant shoud be tied to some wood or rocks, or at least keep the rhizome above the substrate.

No it came as separate stems with little or no roots and last time I moved it there were still only small roots. The ferny bit or leaves are pretty rigid and quite brittle. It is growing small leaves out of the bigger leaves but it's the root type things that can be seen on the stems an d below the top leaf that I'm curious of.

It's not bolbitis - or at least it looks nothing like the bolbitis I have.

Ok, it seems no one can I'd this plant, quess I'll wait to go to lfs, they should no.

Its not Bolbitis,its not even a fern. Its a Selaginella and unfortunately you bought a non aquatic plant that will only die fast or slow underwater..but 100% will die.
Actually they are terrarium plants but I would not buy even for them if its been kept underwater by the wholesaler,then the retailer,then you. I can almost promise you that even had you removed it in May?,..the damage was done that it would grow roots ever again. Selaginella are kind of delicate plants..hate being disturbed or uprooted...picked to be dunked underwater is the ultimate disturbed- with the wishful intent to grow.

Most reactions

trending

Back