River stream 53g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ive always wanted to grow a nano carpet plant. I just never had the patience I guess. :)

The tanks looks great. That is going to be a future TOTM contest winner! :)

I'll look out for pics in a couple of months then. I tried unsuccessfully to carpet the nano. I did consider dwarf chain sword but the only time I used that many years ago it went completely nuts and I had to mow the lawn weekly. In fairness that was a high tech (high light, CO2 and ferts) tank.

My crypts went in this morning. As always with the tropica stuff I received more than I expected. Ordered 2 for 2 tanks and ended up splitting both plants, so if it works out some will probably end up in the community tank. I also planted some Hygrophila corymbosa Siamensis 53B. This was intended for the nano and I ended up splitting it 3 ways and each tank got some - especially as the label promised it would reach 30cm in 30 days :)
I hope my chains swords don't go nuts :hyper: . I've just been to get a few more plants from my local fish store. They put their plants in tanks so its good that you can see them before you buy but they don't seem to name them which is frustrating. I've order all my other plants online and although you cant see them the info and care guides are there for you to view before buying.

Sounds like your tanks are coming on nicely. always good when you have too much that you can spread them across all your tanks. The crypts will look pretty cool. how big is your community tank?

Getting there :)
20191109_173635_001.jpg
20191109_173829_001.jpg

Been to look for inspiration at a LFS today to try and lock down my stocking. Picked up some more plants while i was there and purchased a dark background

The dark back ground really completes it. Are you going to be getting any floating plants?

The dark back ground really completes it. Are you going to be getting any floating plants?
I am yes. I've got some on order and going to do Seangee's trick and use tubing to keep it in place so it doesn't cover the light to my other plants.:)

How are your tanks doing?

The stripey plant at the front - did this one have a name? The reason I ask is because it doesn't look like an aquatic plants, and fish shops are notorious for selling houseplants as aquarium plants. Yours look suspiciously like one of the species of dracena.

The stripey plant at the front - did this one have a name? The reason I ask is because it doesn't look like an aquatic plants, and fish shops are notorious for selling houseplants as aquarium plants. Yours look suspiciously like one of the species of dracena.
No this one didnt have a name, ive just looked it up and it does look like a Dracena sanderiana. Ive purchased some of these before from another store but they did ok.

Will these cause me problems if i leave them in or is it just a case of they might not thrive that well?

They are likely to die kept underwater. The safest thing would be to find a few plant pots and some potting compost for them.

They are likely to die kept underwater. The safest thing would be to find a few plant pots and some potting compost for them.
Ok ill get them replaced :thanks:

I am yes. I've got some on order and going to do Seangee's trick and use tubing to keep it in place so it doesn't cover the light to my other plants.:)

How are your tanks doing?
They are doing good.

I have a 10g betta tank with lots of live plants and a ton of floating plants. I also have a 5g betta tank and a 2.5g snail breeding tank. :)

Had to change some plants over. Cryptocoryne beckettii and water lettuce gone in tonight. Couple more plant to arrive then all but done till i can introduce some fish :)
20191112_202032_001.jpg
20191112_201536.jpg

Assume you're doing a fishless cycle. If those plants take you are ready for fish.

No this one didnt have a name, ive just looked it up and it does look like a Dracena sanderiana. Ive purchased some of these before from another store but they did ok.

Will these cause me problems if i leave them in or is it just a case of they might not thrive that well?

Hiscock says this plant will usually survive for several months fully submersed, so if you want to keep it for the time being, just keep a close eye on it. At any sign of dying, remove it so the water is not fouled. Sometimes these plants manage, sometimes not. Removing it would obviously be absolutely safe, but up to you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back