Piranhas Attack Dead Mouse

I take it you missed the River Monsters episode?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWmfYDkayMY[/video]

i no pirahnas are over rated in terms of being so dangerous but that would have been amusing if that went wrong

I still wouldn't sit in there. Surely they'd find a wriggling finger or toe fair game? Just takes one to think so and take a nip, then they all pile in.

I had 5 of these at one point. Only have one now as he turned on the rest. He is around 7 inches and is a beast. Didnt even tolerate the other piranhas in his tank for very long. I can't put my hand in the tank without thinking about it 1st. He has gone for me a few times when iv tried to clean the tank. Now I have to tape the siphon to a long metal pole to vacuum the gravel so I don't have to put my hand in :)

I was checking on my little fishies last night before going to bed when a small beetle scuttled across the floor, I was very tempted to pick it up and drop it in my tank "alive" to see what would happen!! lol
wahey.gif

be nice to see a pic of him

Hey sorry but this is the only pic I have and it's not too good

b91608d2.jpg

This was taken when they were much smaller and the dominant one could tolerate tank mates. I had 3 together at this stage in a juwel vision 260.

I don't have the biggest piranha or the tank any more :( they were sold earlier today along with a 140 litre tank that had no fish in it and a rio 180 along with 2 dwarf snakeheads (channa bleheri). I posted a thread on here not long after I sold them. I just did not have the time to look after them all. Sad to see them go... All I have now is a 450 litre juwel rio 400 home to a Texas cichlid, a red devil, male and female Dempsey and an orange spotted plec and then a 150 litre tank home to 2 baby Mississippi map turtles.

Im looking to restock the 450 litre soon (few weeks maybe) as I'm looking for a peaceful setup with lots of shoals or maybe go down the Malawi route. Unsure at the moment

Most reactions

trending

Back