Pearl Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

....and that's how the addiction starts!
One tank, two tanks, three tanks and before you know it, you could open your own shop!
It's always worth having a look around to see what is available to you and get a better idea of what you want in the tank. Some people like colour, some character, some shoaling but all depends on your individual taste. the more time you spend looking at your tank, the more idea you have about what's "missing" from it.

i can safely say that i am addicted! would have loved to have kept my 60l too but dont have the space for more than 1 tank :( i'll get a 6ft one dat though! :good:

i wanted something biggish thats a nice colour. thats why i chose the gourami as they get to a good size.

i would have loved some rainbows but my tank isnt quite big enough for them!

It's the biggest problem with this hobby, too many fish and not enough tanks!
I can safely say, I now have no more room for any more, not until the kids move put anyway... :sly:

I only have a little flat so def only 1 tank for me at the mo!

My mum is just as bad! She got me my 1st one for my bday, then went and got one herself, i bought a bigger one and so did she!! lol

Lol, it's amazing how the hobby rubs off on other people, isn't it?
My other half brought me a tank, he wasn't too bothered about keeping fish. Two weeks later, we brought him a tank!
Here we are 4 years on and he'd still buy more given half the chance. :rolleyes:

very true, mums is even bigger than my new one!

ps i def think you should go for discus :lol:

Oooh, the temptation! I've got some time off in a few weeks so may have a look around for some Discus. Just can't make up my mind at the minute, sound familiar? ;)

and me, they're lovely!

You guys are so lucky getting people interested. Everyone around me is bored with me going on about fish all the time!

I have a 260litre bow fronted aquarium and have always kept a mixture of gourami. The Pearls are my favs! I have one male and three female. Also, a female gold, a female moonlight, and a male Lavender. I used to have a gorgeous male blue in there with them but sadly lost him last year. I only ever had problems when there was more than one male of the same type,- or when I had two gold females. They fought non-stop! I also have a large female angel.

Last year I introduced some platys and mollies in.

I don't have any bottom feeders as the floor of the aquarium is full of bristlenoses! My longfins are prolific breeders and easily give the mollies and platys a run for their money! It's lovely seeing all the babies swimming around,- but they just never stop coming!!

Have you considered sparkling gourami? I've only ever seen them in one shop (nowhere near me unfortunately!) and they looked gorgeous!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back