Pearl gourami tb?

At the moment I can only think that she is stressed from an environmental change.

Floating plants, subdued lighting, and a dark substrate are ideal for these little fellas.

It can take a while before they start to relax in their new home.

Insure that she is not bullied when you turn your back on the tank.

Try to use a piece of cardboard to block part of the light to create a shaded place in the tanks and watch how she reacts to that.

Try to stuff her like a turkey for a while. It will help to find out if it is indeed an intestinal infection.

Make sure she get loads of brine shrimps, they contain an enzyme that help with the uptake of other nutrients and are very high in protein and fat. Spirulina flakes will also help a lot with guts health, cutted with Daphnia and vegetable foods that will prevent constipation as you will try to overfeed her a little.

Check your fish food ingredients and reject anything that contains any kind of "meal" go for real meat and real seafood.
Ok yeah I might just be overthinking things. I'll make sure to keep watch and I'll go with a water change anyway to clean the gravel as right now its filthy.

If your gravel is very dirty. Makes sure that your siphon thoroughly does it's job at each pull.

You don't want to disturb too much that stuff and want to prevent toxins to be brought in the water layer as you do.

You are better doing it in multiple well done sessions. The water should never even become slightly cloudy while proceeding.

It could take many water changes to achieve.

If your gravel is very dirty. Makes sure that your siphon thoroughly does it's job at each pull.

You don't want to disturb too much that stuff and want to prevent toxins to be brought in the water layer as you do.

You are better doing it in multiple well done sessions. The water should never even become slightly cloudy while proceeding.

It could take many water changes to achieve.
The problem is I have a sand substrate with dirt underneath, so it's a little difficult. I mainly try to suck just above the sand, or to stir up places near rocks and suck them up.

Ok so little update the gourami's poop is normal, as in long chunks of brown. It's eating fine but I notice that it is more timid than the other ones, so perhaps it simply is just it being scared. I will continue to try to feed it more and I'll update as it goes.
Thanks for your help

Ok so little update the gourami's poop is normal, as in long chunks of brown. It's eating fine but I notice that it is more timid than the other ones, so perhaps it simply is just it being scared. I will continue to try to feed it more and I'll update as it goes.
Thanks for your help

Can you post a general view of your setup ? It might bring more suggestions.

IMG_7618.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back