Peacock Gudgeon Sexing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Both female as they have a dark edge to their fins. My females have bits of darker colour at the edges of their fins, the males have never had this.

Both female as they have a dark edge to their fins. My females have bits of darker colour at the edges of their fins, the males have never had this.
How do you like your peacocks?
There are 2 at my LFS that have been there forever. I'd like them for my rainbow fish tank. Are they peaceful? What size tank do they need? Can I have just 2?

Peacock Gudgeons are small and peaceful and grow to about 1-2 inches. They can be kept in tanks that are 18 inches or longer. They need small peaceful tank mates so they can get some food and not get bullied. You can keep them in pairs or small groups.

Peacock Gudgeons are small and peaceful and grow to about 1-2 inches. They can be kept in tanks that are 18 inches or longer. They need small peaceful tank mates so they can get some food and not get bullied. You can keep them in pairs or small groups.
Wow, maybe...

My peacocks are very peaceful - they don't even attack adult shrimps. I've seen a shrimp steal food literally from under the nose of the big male without any reaction from him. Though they probably eat baby shrimps.

Will they go with 6 or 7 Rainbow Furcata in a 10g. I feel this may be too many fish.
Or can they go in a community tank with Minnows, CPDs, Guppies, and Amanos,?

They would be ok with P. furcatus but you will have to make sure the rainbows are well fed and then feed the gudgeons.

P. furcatus can live in tanks that are at least 18 inches long x 10 inches wide x 12 inches high or bigger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back