What's new
Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Jasonapp1

Reaction score
Hi all, i have been fish keeping for 1 year, (on and off) i started off with a 2ft 70litre, tank with a mixture of fish. I then moved out away from my girlfriend, when i came back the tank was still running looking beautiful, so i gained ambition again! I decided to buy a 5ft 400litre tank, and got started by building my custom stand :)! Its awesome and in the long run cost nothing for scrap wood, its all been cladded and looking nice! So i went a head and started the new tank up with there original gravel, ornaments, heater and filter, and put the 70L into the new tank, i added the fish right away, i then started adding 15L per day to the tank until it was full, my readings are brilliant, PH is 7, my water is hard than soft, anomia 0 nitrate and nitrites 0! Usually get my local "Just for pets" store test my water weekly, saves me money ;)!

So my general question is, compatibility - I'm expected negative comments, along with these i would love real advice, idea's and general information :)

I do have some cold water fish in my tank, the cold water fish have already been in tropical for roughly a year, FYI

I have:
3 silver dolar's
1 weather loach
1 albino shark
1 bala shark
5 red eye tetra
1 panda black moore
1 bristol nose pleco
1 aquarium frog (brown)
1 cory cat
Blue male betta

On top of my fish list i want to add, my male fighter is not like the usual fighter, he loves the bubble pump, he loves the filter stream, and he communicates with his tank mates like any other, he has been with me for a year and he does very well!

My two cold water fish have been with me for a year also,

My newest members out of my list ^ are 3silver dollars, and silver (bala) skark

I also know this silver shark could out grow my tank,... At the moment he is really small, but it is a fairly big tank

My red eye schroll perfectly same as dollars

My general question is the negativity in research as my tank mates have been happy for a year,

I want all advice and general info, the less moaning the better

Since my fish keeping started, one year ago, my only losses are 6 guppies I've still yet not encountered white spot or fin rot

Tank: jewel400
Heater: i have 2 unknown makes but one is 300 watt the other is 200
Temp: 26.6C
Ph: 7
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Anomia: 0
Filter: internal ineterpet pf4 & external fluval filter
Air stone 6inches - interpet aqua ap1
Light: 30watt
Water hardness: hard

Hi! 
welcomeani.gif
to TFF! 400 liters is a nice sized tank roughly 105 gallons. So ill go straight to your stocking :)

3 silver dollar's- These guys are schoolers and should be in groups of 6+, these are quite skittish as you may know, not sure on tank size but yours should be large enough.

1 weather loach- You know this is a coldwater fish, and you think its doing well but actually living in high heat can lower its life span, and add stress. Its also a schooling fish as well and needs a school of 6+

1 albino shark- By this is think you mean albino rainbow shark? These can be quite aggressive as they mature, and will bully most if not all bottom dwellers.

1 bala shark- These guys will need a tank of 8ft+ and need a school of 6+ as well, they get 12-16" btw

5 red eye tetra- These should have a school of about 12+, or at least 6, but you have the space for a much better and larger school to see how they would naturally act.

1 panda black moore- Same rule applies for the weather loach, this is a coldwater fish and can have it life span lowered and more stress on it, also weakening its immune system, same applies for the loach.

1 bristle nose pleco- This should be fine the tank is large enough easily, and these guys arent aggressive, you need real driftwood though.

1 aquarium frog (brown)- This could mean african dwarf frog, or african clawed frog. If its a african dwarf frog you would need to make sure if can get food. If its an african clawed frog (which are much larger) then they need to be in a coldwater set up as well, following the same problems as the others, or not eating on top of that. If it is a african clawed frog you may also face problems with him eating your fish.

1 cory cat- What species is this? If you dont know feel free to post a picture so we can ID it for you, these also need a school of 6+ preferably 12+ because you have the tank for it :)

Blue male betta- Not very good for big tanks, they prefer smaller tanks if you can believe it and most males arent really suited for a strong flow in the tank, as they still need to breath air from the top.

What you may see, may look like all your fish are happy and healthy but that doesnt meant they are, all these requirments have been stated from previous studies and all fish do better in the proper conditions.

sawickib said:
Hi! :hi: to TFF! 400 liters is a nice sized tank roughly 105 gallons. So ill go straight to your stocking :)

3 silver dollar's- These guys are schoolers and should be in groups of 6+, these are quite skittish as you may know, not sure on tank size but yours should be large enough.

1 weather loach- You know this is a coldwater fish, and you think its doing well but actually living in high heat can lower its life span, and add stress. Its also a schooling fish as well and needs a school of 6+

1 albino shark- By this is think you mean albino rainbow shark? These can be quite aggressive as they mature, and will bully most if not all bottom dwellers.

1 bala shark- These guys will need a tank of 8ft+ and need a school of 6+ as well, they get 12-16" btw

5 red eye tetra- These should have a school of about 12+, or at least 6, but you have the space for a much better and larger school to see how they would naturally act.

1 panda black moore- Same rule applies for the weather loach, this is a coldwater fish and can have it life span lowered and more stress on it, also weakening its immune system, same applies for the loach.

1 bristle nose pleco- This should be fine the tank is large enough easily, and these guys arent aggressive, you need real driftwood though.

1 aquarium frog (brown)- This could mean african dwarf frog, or african clawed frog. If its a african dwarf frog you would need to make sure if can get food. If its an african clawed frog (which are much larger) then they need to be in a coldwater set up as well, following the same problems as the others, or not eating on top of that. If it is a african clawed frog you may also face problems with him eating your fish.

1 cory cat- What species is this? If you dont know feel free to post a picture so we can ID it for you, these also need a school of 6+ preferably 12+ because you have the tank for it :)

Blue male betta- Not very good for big tanks, they prefer smaller tanks if you can believe it and most males arent really suited for a strong flow in the tank, as they still need to breath air from the top.

What you may see, may look like all your fish are happy and healthy but that doesnt meant they are, all these requirments have been stated from previous studies and all fish do better in the proper conditions.
sawickib said:
Hi! :hi: to TFF! 400 liters is a nice sized tank roughly 105 gallons. So ill go straight to your stocking :)

Brill advice yet its african drawf frog :) i feed him bloodwarms hand feed lol! Usually or a claw tool i use,

Im not sure how to attach photo's but his not the brown type his a large clear skinned with black dots and a top black fin

With the weather loach and black moore id love to rehome or move them to another tank, but there the misses two fish lol so re home not aloud 'stubborn woman aye' try get them a new tank suppose

I would either rehome them and really try and see if theres any other fish she likes, what do you think of geophagus red head tapajo? Second option is to get another tank, third option is to do a all coldwater set up.

Also what is your albino shark?

Urgh im not to good with cories, maybe google Corydoras acutus? Or Corydoras brevirostris? 

You can either upload photos here by clicking the image tab, or you can use a photo sharing website like photobucket and upload there, then on the right of the screen it will have for codes, you will just click the one for forums and then paste here, and boom picture XD

sawickib said:
I would either rehome them and really try and see if theres any other fish she likes, what do you think of geophagus red head tapajo? Second option is to get another tank, third option is to do a all coldwater set up.

Also what is your albino shark?

Urgh im not to good with cories, maybe google Corydoras acutus? Or Corydoras brevirostris? 

You can either upload photos here by clicking the image tab, or you can use a photo sharing website like photobucket and upload there, then on the right of the screen it will have for codes, you will just click the one for forums and then paste here, and boom picture XD
I have never seen a red head ? Not sure what they look like, i still have my old tank so may swap them over,

Have you tried googling any of the fish i mentioned?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back