Parents

Where have you been Ludwig, I missed you :o...... Post is old though

Bin on every day for the last six weeks..... The topic is old...... the post is as of today..... (searched for it as I thought this little kid belonged right here).....
 
I make one observation here..... People who love fish, do not like children..... (seems to be fairly general)...... Where do little aquarists then come from??....Storkfish??
yh i started fish keeping 1 anda half years ago and im only 12 now and do all the water changes the feeding cleaning the inside to outside of the tank and wouldn't dream of scaring any of my fish ever
 
wow you guys are mean....there just children....
i'll admit my cousins sticky fingers piss me off but hes just a kid
smacking the glas is hilarious in his eyes (obv i stop him) but moaing about it....it soooo normal for kids to want to destroy things :(
 
try going to a safari zoo and a kid like 8-10 kicking and hitting the glass when the penguins swim near arghh that annoyed me
and his parents just stood and watched

also the best method is a electric fens on the outer glass :lol:
 
It's not just with fish tanks it's every where. Too many parents now adays don't teach manors. When I was a snowboard instructor I was ordered around by 6 year old that did not know the magic word.

When you see something you don't like speak up. I have told kids at stores not to tap the glass. They offten listen to a stranger more then their parents.

What fish keepers don't like kids? I keep fish, love them and have a 7 month old. I love kids they make me smile.

It is not the kids fault it's the parents. Do the mean things to them.
 
:crazy: I HATE HATE HATE other peoples kids, i dont have any and dont hate them enough to not have any but i hate other peoples kids, especially when the parents are so hopeless i think the stork got the wrong address when dropping off the baby!

The number of times i've had to say "Excuse me, dont tap the glass, you're scaring the fish.... please dont.... DONT tap the glass.... Please will you stop tapping the glass... Can you PLEASE stop your child tapping the glass "oh come on dear, do as the lady says.."(mother).... Please will you stop him doing that... "what am i supposed to do? i asked him to stop, he just wont listen"... Then do you mind removing your child from the shop before he kills any more fish?"

The best one was when i was on my lunchbreak, the only chair we have is in a corner behind the systems behind our tank with Buster our big Perruno Catfish in, Buster gets stressed very easily and starts 'pacing' and rubbing his face up and down glass causing a nasty wound. I heard some kid running round the shop thumping on the glass and he dropped to his knees in front of busters tank and banged the glass a few times, poor buster went mad thrashing about and i crouched down behind tank (bear in mind systems are 6-7ft high) and *growled* "don't you dare tap my glass, i eat children like you for breakfast" and all i heard was this wailing running off into the distance. By the time i got out from behind the systems i saw a 4-5 year old kid sobbing hysterically by his mum saying that he wanted to go because the fish was going to eat im.

LOL
 
lol all you guys/gals are funny!! Love the walking the plank idea :) And gatorbaits story was hilarious with the stick demo and making him cry!!

Sadly, I haven't found a way to keep my kids out of MY tanks yet. They are 4 and 6 :sad: Time outs, spanking, taking toys away for a certain period of time...tried all that.

But they don't mess w/the lfs fish anymore....how odd??? only mommies fish.

It could be that I've only had my huge tank set up since about Feb so it's still new to them. They haven't done anything (that I know of for a few weeks though)...last thing they did was feed them Ritz crackers..in my cichlid tank :crazy: Fish are still alive....

just a suggestion of course, but why not get them involved, teach them, show them books,pics on the net etc,even go as far as getting them a little tank of their own,my 4yr old was doing WC (under supervision)
and mainating his own tank when he was 3, he loved it, i loved him sharing it, he hand feeds jambo,and really shows a respect for the fish,theyre not toys and there isnt any sign of him treating them as such, i would reccomend giving it a go, as the more you say no,the more they want to do it, good luck if you do go ahead and give it a go :)


Hey, Shelagh!

You are returned.

Top hole!

look at my cichlids now -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOMiqI6Afdw

doris
 
It's not just with fish tanks it's every where. Too many parents now adays don't teach manors. When I was a snowboard instructor I was ordered around by 6 year old that did not know the magic word.

When you see something you don't like speak up. I have told kids at stores not to tap the glass. They offten listen to a stranger more then their parents.

What fish keepers don't like kids? I keep fish, love them and have a 7 month old. I love kids they make me smile.

It is not the kids fault it's the parents. Do the mean things to them.


Iam not so sure about that.

Maybe for tiny kids, but every LFS I have ever been in has a sign saying 'do not tap the glass', so if the child is over 6 or 7 there is no excuse, unless the little 'darling' is illiterate.
 
It's not just with fish tanks it's every where. Too many parents now adays don't teach manors. When I was a snowboard instructor I was ordered around by 6 year old that did not know the magic word.

When you see something you don't like speak up. I have told kids at stores not to tap the glass. They offten listen to a stranger more then their parents.

What fish keepers don't like kids? I keep fish, love them and have a 7 month old. I love kids they make me smile.

It is not the kids fault it's the parents. Do the mean things to them.


Iam not so sure about that.

Maybe for tiny kids, but every LFS I have ever been in has a sign saying 'do not tap the glass', so if the child is over 6 or 7 there is no excuse, unless the little 'darling' is illiterate.


Yeah the parents never taught their kids to respect. If they can read and still choose to tap the glass well then the parents were not big on teaching to listen to directions or to obey. My daughter is only 7 months and I am starting her on how to act around dogs and fish tanks. She will not be that kid. Like Minxfishy said Her 3 year old knows how to act around fish tanks. Right there a parent that has taken the time to teach her child to behave.
 
Working in an LFS, this issue is the bane of my life. I am forever telling kids not to tap on the glass. Often, it's not just tapping but full blown punching / hammering on the glass which really, really gets me annoyed.
On the weekend there was a young boy who managed to get round the back of our systems and was fiddling with all the taps on the tank inlets and when I said "stop that and get out of there please" he just turned, looked at me and said "NO!" then carried on what he was doing, and only when i went and got his father to physically remove him (didn't wanna pull him out of there myself, whole bag of worms putting your hands on someone elses kid!) did he actually stop!
Aaaagh I HATE HATE HATE other peoples kids! They just seem to have no respect, and the parents dont care either. Gggrrrrrrrrrr!! It's actually getting me worked up just thinking about this lol
 
Working in an LFS, this issue is the bane of my life. I am forever telling kids not to tap on the glass. Often, it's not just tapping but full blown punching / hammering on the glass which really, really gets me annoyed.
On the weekend there was a young boy who managed to get round the back of our systems and was fiddling with all the taps on the tank inlets and when I said "stop that and get out of there please" he just turned, looked at me and said "NO!" then carried on what he was doing, and only when i went and got his father to physically remove him (didn't wanna pull him out of there myself, whole bag of worms putting your hands on someone elses kid!) did he actually stop!
Aaaagh I HATE HATE HATE other peoples kids! They just seem to have no respect, and the parents dont care either. Gggrrrrrrrrrr!! It's actually getting me worked up just thinking about this lol

Hmm, I'd be tempted to grab a hose and point it at him.

I wouldn't be physically punching his lights out (read: sued) and I'd have a great laugh too.
 
lol all you guys/gals are funny!! Love the walking the plank idea :) And gatorbaits story was hilarious with the stick demo and making him cry!!

Sadly, I haven't found a way to keep my kids out of MY tanks yet. They are 4 and 6 :sad: Time outs, spanking, taking toys away for a certain period of time...tried all that.

But they don't mess w/the lfs fish anymore....how odd??? only mommies fish.

It could be that I've only had my huge tank set up since about Feb so it's still new to them. They haven't done anything (that I know of for a few weeks though)...last thing they did was feed them Ritz crackers..in my cichlid tank :crazy: Fish are still alive....

just a suggestion of course, but why not get them involved, teach them, show them books,pics on the net etc,even go as far as getting them a little tank of their own,my 4yr old was doing WC (under supervision)
and mainating his own tank when he was 3, he loved it, i loved him sharing it, he hand feeds jambo,and really shows a respect for the fish,theyre not toys and there isnt any sign of him treating them as such, i would reccomend giving it a go, as the more you say no,the more they want to do it, good luck if you do go ahead and give it a go :)


Hey, Shelagh!

You are returned.

Top hole!

look at my cichlids now -
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOMiqI6Afdw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOMiqI6Afdw[/URL]

doris


Just a co-incidence Doktor Doris..... but it is exactly one year ago today that Shelagh replied to this thread.....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top