The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello! i'm wondering how to package Vallisneria and Azolla for shipping.
For Azolla, will a bubble envelope with a plastic bag and paper for padding inside work? because that is how I package duckweed.

Don't wrap floating plants in damp paper, it can kill them. Just put the Azolla in a bag without water. Inflate bag with air and seal up with rubber band. Double bag it and put it in a box with something to stop it moving about during transport.

Vallis and other stem plants are sometimes wrapped but I never did. I just put them in a bag and inflated with air, sealed with rubber band. Double bag it and put in a box (same as the Azolla).

Post packs might be ok but they can get squashed and damage the plants. Small cardboard boxes are best. You can put small boxes in post packs.

Take it from a guy that's shipped thousands of aquatic plants.
Plants are much, much less picky than people make them out to be.
My plants are shipped in plastic bags that are heat-sealed shut. No extra water/air is added. No newspaper or tissue.
This is put straight into either a box or a bubble envelope. Most of my orders ship in a bubble envelope.
99% of orders get shipped in bubble mailers. They run are much cheaper than boxes.

Take it from a guy that's shipped thousands of aquatic plants.
Plants are much, much less picky than people make them out to be.
My plants are shipped in plastic bags that are heat-sealed shut. No extra water/air is added. No newspaper or tissue.
This is put straight into either a box or a bubble envelope. Most of my orders ship in a bubble envelope.
99% of orders get shipped in bubble mailers. They run are much cheaper than boxes.
thanks! do you have any photos of reference?
btw, i love your etsy page!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back