Our New Girl

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Today we are having more hits than misses and she's getting used to going in the big scary garden (actually it's a tiny yard, but she'd never been outside before!) Freddy is standing up to her a bit more - he's been a bit too soft imo but I think he's been wary of her size.
Am hoping that I can attach a video of Ginger to this post - if not bear with me and I'll keep trying til I get it right!
Ok it's too big to upload so I'll try to get it onto Photobucket and paste the link.
If anyone can tell me how to resize a video I'd be grateful.
EDIT: Thought I'd better mention that the odd noises are from my computer chair - it needs oiling! lol

[media]http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Mamashack3354/media/Gingers1stVideo_zpsd4966a93.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Mamashack3354/media/Gingers1stVideo_zpsd4966a93.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136794139646604833437843239492/[media]

omg she is just precious! esp when she tries to jump on you! Adorable!
wub.png

Thanks Ny! It was taken very early yesterday morning so I was still in PJs and slippers.
Ginger is currently munching on raw carrot which she eats with great gusto!

Bless her, still getting used to the collar, scratch, scratch...
Adorable, I 
wub.png
young animals and old too, they are OK in the middle, just think they are endearing at an exploring age and when refined and graceful.

Just got a lovely picture of Freddy and Ginger in a rare calm moment together! lol
Wondering whether it is good enough for POTM June - what do you all think?
Freddy n co 016a.jpg

THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER! I wanna eat 'em up! Nomnomnom.

I'm so glad Freddy seems so taken with Ginger. Teddy has not gotten to that point with Huxley, not the point of sharing nap space anyway. Freddy looks like he is enjoying being a big brother/uncle thing.

attibones said:
THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER! I wanna eat 'em up! Nomnomnom.

I'm so glad Freddy seems so taken with Ginger. Teddy has not gotten to that point with Huxley, not the point of sharing nap space anyway. Freddy looks like he is enjoying being a big brother/uncle thing.
The photo doesn't give the complete picture, it was just a quiet moment (moment being the operative word!) but on the whole they get on alright. Play fighting always seems to end in a bit of a scrap and it's knowing when to intervene. Don't want to undermine Freddy in his quest to prove his dominance nor strengthen Ginger's challenge, but neither do I want either of them to get hurt in the process. At the moment I'm intervening when the noise level bothers me.
I've been doing the time-out thing too, atti, after you mentioned crate and rotate, in your thread I think it was, altho it's mainly Ginger who needs time-out when she gets too excited and carried away.

Blondielovesfish said:
Naaaawwwwww so cute. You should definitely enter them.
biggrin.png
Thanks Blondie. I think I might - they do look cute on this one!

Mamashack said:
Just got a lovely picture of Freddy and Ginger in a rare calm moment together! lol
attachicon.gif
Freddy n co 016a.jpg
LOL. When I first saw that I thought it was a 2 headed dog. I think that would make a good entry.

Haha I can see why you thought that TT as they are a very similar colour. They look like they could be related as their markings are similar too, but they aren't! lol

TallTree01 said:
attachicon.gif
Freddy n co 016a.jpg
LOL. When I first saw that I thought it was a 2 headed dog. I think that would make a good entry.

+1, Ginger looks like she is attached to Freddy's back leg
yes.gif

Lovely picture, and I am sure there will be many more to come yet ...

Thought I'd post the picture of Freddy and Ginger I've entered into June POTM:
001 (300x225).jpg

They are getting along fine now after Freddy's initial wariness. Ginger has learned how to use the furniture to get what she wants. Yesterday whilst I was upstairs, she climbed onto the computer chair via the armchair and onto the computer desk, got a box of tissues which she then proceeded to shred to bits all over the carpet. It looked like it had been snowing! When I came down-stairs I knew she was up to something as Freddy was sat at the bottom of the stairs looking as if he was saying - nothing to do with me! lol
She's very good tho - only one "accident" in the last few days and that was probably because she doesn't yet make a noise at the door when she's wanting to go out. She'll stand there, but if my eye is not on her all the time (and it often isn't!) I miss her signals.
She's sleeping through the night now (heaven!!) as long as she gets her last meal around 10pm. Still on 4 meals a day but when she's 3 months old (this weekend) we'll be dropping it to 3.
She had her last jab and was micro-chipped last Saturday so we can take her for her first walk this coming Saturday - should be fun! Tried her on the lead in the back garden and she was better than I'd expected.
Can't believe how much she's grown - when we first met her at 4 weeks old she was tiny and now she's about 2/3 Freddy's size.
At the moment she's fast asleep on my lap so I'm going to take the opportunity to put her on the chair and sneak upstairs for my shower! lol

Sounds delightful, the joy of a puppy :)

Can't believe how much she's grown - when we first met her at 4 weeks old she was tiny and now she's about 2/3 Freddy's size.

Are you sure you saw the actual parents?  She looks like she could have
Rhodesian Ridgeback or Great Dane in her blood 
yay.gif

Yes, I'm sure! She is the product of an accidental mating of one of our patients' 2 dogs. The mother is a full border terrier and the father is a parson's jack russell which is the original breed with longer legs than the modern jack russell. Freddy is a cross between a border terrier and we think a patterdale terrier. He has the patterdale build with the fur of a border.
It's not easy to see her features on that photo as the TTF software seems to have darkened it even tho I've gone back and lightened it on the computer.

P.S. Still waiting to go for my shower as his nibs decided to wake her so I'm having breakfast instead! lol 

Well we're now walking for 20 mins twice a day and after the first chaotic attempt we seem to be doing ok. I had been hoping that Ginger would see how well Freddy walked and would imitate however I couldn't have been more wrong! Ginger obviously didn't know how to behave on the lead and as a result was weaving to and fro all over the place and Freddy seemed to think - if she can do it so can I and almost legged me up! lol 
Anyway, she's walking just fine now, not to heel or anything yet but at least she staying on 4 legs and not rearing up or criss-crossing as much now.
She had a bit of a gippy tum yesterday. Not sure if it's changing her down to 3 meals a day (same volume but in 1 less meal), the heat (yes. it's actually turned out to be a flaming June so far!) or whether she's picked something up whilst we've been out walking. Haven't seen her doing that but it doesn't mean she hasn't done it.
Gave her just rice last night and she's managed to go overnight without an accident. She's full of her usual energy today and her appetite hasn't changed so hopefully it's just been a flash in the pan (so to speak! lol)
Can't believe how quickly she's growing.
Here's a picture of her pretending to be an ornament on the windowsill (watching the traffic seems to be fascinating to her!)
Ginger (180x300).jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back