Ouch!.... I'm Committed!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lolz. thats exciting, if its notho's dont forget to check my journal. I am soon updating that again as my notho's are 5 weeks old now, going to move them in 20Gallons.

Geez!!!... Can anyone speak Thaiwanese or Killifish).... I though my English is bad (being Afrikaans speaking).... can anyone translate??.... Message I received today:

User: Killipun
Reply Email: [email protected]

Hi, Thank you for your payment. I've shipped your this order on March/23/2010 from Thailand .It generally takes 10 to 21 days to arrive depending on the destination but might take a little longer if the package is inspected by the Customs.Please be assured that your package will arrive soon.If you have any problem about time shipping or item please feel free to contact us before leave feedback thank you very much and have a nice day,

Above is fine as I assume it is a standard reply to all..... Now!!... What follows???

Parichart PS. when arrive date to hatch just open and check eggs must to watch for golden iris too if still not see it please cover all container similar with original condition keep in box or your wardrobe and wait until can see golden iris that you will sucessful to hatch this eggs :)

Huh!!??... can anyone please explain in Eeeeengleeesh??

Keep checking the Iris (eye) of the unborn fry. (small hand magnifying lens) If it's distinguishable through the egg membrane with a gold ring around then they are ready to hatch. If not then store the eggs in a dark warm place (not too hot so as the peat totally dries out)and keep checking the Iris. Then wet the medium containing the eggs.
By now you should be getting your foods ready.
If you have some species such as Rachovii the fry will be very small and will require Infusoria/Paramoecium (microscopic food) for the first few days before they go onto newly hatched BS.
Regards
C

Ta! Colin...

Well.. it is reported to be 3 species.... I just hope they are compatible and easily distinguishable so that I can seperate them at an early age....

No probs Lud!
I think they will be separately bagged, named with collection date and expected hatching date.
Regards
C

lolz @ his english. well mine can be bad too.

I think you should start a journal with pics/vids as you start on this.

lolz @ his english. well mine can be bad too.

I think you should start a journal with pics/vids as you start on this.

Just one more question... I have never seen peat moss and have no access to it... if they send the eggs in peat..... will it still be growable peat so that I can grow a culture of my own???

The amount of peat they send will be very minimal so dont bank on copious amount of peat.
You'll have to source your own from a horticultural supplier.
ATB
C

What am I doing!!!!!.... I've just been on Aquabid again, and placed a replica order.... 3 types of Killis and 20,000 Artemia eggs for $1... There is still 5 Hours left for the bid to close... (and then.... There is another one... (exactly the same) which I am tempted to go and place a bid RIGHT NOW!!!!... so cheers... see you again in 15 minutes!! :lol:

There you are!!!... it was not even 15 minutes... NOW!!!... I have orders in for 300 Killi eggs (200 of these closes in 5 hours 26 minutes) and 60,000 Artemia eggs for $3 (plus of course) $60 shipping.... Am I crazy??.... The first 100 (and 20,000) is in the post already!....

Like the Title says.... Ouch!!!!... I'm committed! (In S.A. Rands, this amounts to almost R500!... Uhm!!... still a bargain.... I just hope that it is a legal import.

Get outta Ebay Lud, and put that trigger finger away.

Okay, you need to get hold of yourself, even 1 batch can become headache to take care of and you dont even have any experience of this fish-species yet. so i guess you need lots of Good Luck.

Bids have closed, and they are mine..... I just wanna make sure I'm not cheated.... counting the 300 Killi eggs is fine, uhm!?... what is the easiest way to count 60,000 artemia eggs?

I have never understood why do they sell shrimp eggs in numbers but not weight (on Ebay). No one is going to count, so i guess you should really ask them how much grams it is , and calculate how much feeding its going to give to your fishies. This all comes to you as you take the experience and learn how much to feed the growing batch.

Actually you should ask the hatch-rate of this shrimp eggs, some have 75% hatch-rate , some have 95% hatch rate (the good kind), the 95% one is the one you want to buy, you dont want to spend all day going through hatching the bbs and see only 75% hatched and rest are just eggs sitting there.

And About Notho eggs , not all are going to hatch even if they are 300 in your package. I got 100 (2 packs of 50) and I really delayed wetting them because I had no time here and got some serious issues to deal with, but after wetting them TWO MONTHS pass their hatch date, I still got 25+ fry out of hundred, i am sure if i had done in time, I would had got more than 50-60 fry (it would had been impossible to keep them all and would had been forced to sell , another headache.

So even if they are 300 eggs, don't fret on counting, they are really tiny and need trained eye to even see some. the eyeing of egg or golden rings are not that clearly visible too (this is when they will hatch if wetted) that too takes magnifying glass to see.

The sellers actually must go by estimate, they count how much a female lays egg in the week, this is when they pack the peat to dry etc. and then keep that as guesstimate. This is what i feel because that's what i will do too if i have to save eggs.

In my killifish tank, I have seen female lay 5-10 eggs at one time(during the spawning ritual). the eggs flew up in water during spawning activity and i roughly counted , now i know if i keep a peat in container and this same female keeps entering daily for week, she alone will give 50 eggs approx in single peat container, which I can store to in humid condition. if i have to sell 300 ,I will simply pack 6 packets of collected peat like this. BTW , i havent seen this and dont really know will they really give eggs daily, but all males are totally active to spawn and some big females dont mind the males take them in the activity, some females are really small.

I am sure the really experienced and ready with tools breeders might be inspecting the peat to microscopically count eggs.

Well.. I was thinking of weighing one artemia egg, then weigh the whole lot and devide the total weight by the weight of one, and ... Whalah!!!... I'll know how many eggs there are.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back