Ouch!.... I'm Committed!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I just placed a bid on aquabid for a 100 (mixed - 3 species) Killifish eggs (and I think it includes 20,000 artemia eggs)... for $1.00.... I see delivery is around $20.00.... Only problem is. I have absolutely no clue if it is a legal import???.... These people say that they ship "universally".... so I hope they will correct me if I'm wrong. The bid still has about 5 hours to go.

I think they will have included a disclaimer within the small print which will read something along the lines of them accepting no responsibility for endemic countries law on importation of such goods, so the onus lies entirely at your door Lud!
They may well ship internationally, question is will your customs allow it to pass through.
By the sound of things you have gone for a far east breeding establishment. I think they supply fairy shrimp eggs (freshwater) rather than Artemia cysts.
I hope everything turns out fine with your impulse buy.......
ATB
C

Right!... I won the bid at $1 for 100 Killi eggs and some 20,000 artemia eggs.... I think it is a bargain!... (shipping is $20, so for $21 I'm getting all of that!.... (in South African Rands, it is around R160 - and still a bargain)

I'm just not sure of how payment is done... I assume I pay the Rand equivalent into their account and the bank will make the necessary conversions into Dollar??.... I'm a newbie at this...

Congrats, But you need to make the payment in Dollars and Not Rands.
COnfused me 1st time aswell, but needs to be in their currency

Is it not done via Paypal and auto converted at source.
Its how I've always paid using Aquabid
What is your handle on Aquabid Lud.
And what did you buy...I take it they are Nothos!
Regards
C

Is it not done via Paypal and auto converted at source.
Its how I've always paid using Aquabid
What is your handle on Aquabid Lud.
And what did you buy...I take it they are Nothos!
Regards
C

:lol: I have not a coockin clue what I bought.... it is a hundred eggs of 3 species all in one batch.... So it'll be surprise surprise!!!.... (for $1 I'm not going to question what I bought)...

Yea!!!... that "paypal" thing.... they do mention that they will only accept payment through "paypal".... I also have no clue what that is. Will appreciate if someone can tell me????

I am "Cheetah" on Aquabid..... (my favourite Super 14 Rugby team, who dismally dissappointed me tonight)

You need to open an account Lud! (Bargain Hunter)
https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/
Regards
C

You need to open an account Lud! (Bargain Hunter)
https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/
Regards
C

This is the message I just received.....

This email was sent by an AquaBid.com member via AquaBid.com's email forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not through AquaBid.com.

User: Killipun
Reply Email: [email protected]

Hi, thank you very much for your bid. your invoice is $20.99 please send your payment to our paypal [email protected] when you already to send your payment please let me know again for I can ship your item thank you very much, killipun

OK... I'll follow your link & see if I can register..... Is it safe if I give my credit card no.???

Hey hon, you need to use the link above to set up a paypal account. It will require card details but it is super safe. Also if anything goes wrong with the eggs through transport or suspect something of the buyer, you are protected with paypal.

Once set up the account, verified and logged in. Look towards the top and there will be a tab "send money" select this. You wish to purchase service of goods and will need to copy and paste her email address into the box shown. Under this there will be a drop down box with a couple of different currencies (dollars being one) select this and add the 20.99. Add a message if you want to below this (I use this to re type the address to verify) and send! And that is it for paypal Hope that helps!

Thanks Lilac.... I think I did the right thing and my investment is in (always so bad to use the term "money"... :lol:).... Hope they receive tonight still and post tomorrow!... I'm as excited as a little boy with a new toygun!.... (maybe only untill department of "imports" knock on my door).... But, for the moment (at least) I think it is a legitimate import of eggs????... (I hope)

If You Have Never Used PayPal, You may not be able to pay for them tonight. As PayPal Require you to verify your bank details. They make 2 small deposits into your account and then you are asked to verify how much they deposited.
I would let the seller know you are opening an account and there may be a delay in payment being sent.

You can still make payments whilst remaining unverified.
Credit Card details need to be submitted (it is pretty safe as Lilacamy states)
Killipun sig. means you'll be almost certainly receiving Notho's.

You can still make payments whilst remaining unverified.
Credit Card details need to be submitted (it is pretty safe as Lilacamy states)
Killipun sig. means you'll be almost certainly receiving Notho's.

They've received my payment and will post tomorrow with a 10 to 60 day delvery period.... it's gonna be the longest 60 days of my life.

lolz. thats exciting, if its notho's dont forget to check my journal. I am soon updating that again as my notho's are 5 weeks old now, going to move them in 20Gallons.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back