Otocinclus sensitivity: multiple courses of meds

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Funkyfishgorl

Reaction score
Itā€™s coming to the end of the month for my 3 otos in quarantine. Theyā€™re with 5 straita loaches so I did a dewormer esha ndx (with 2nd dose 14 days later) and esha hex as a precaution. I forgot about tapeworms though so Iā€™m thinking of doing another 3 day treatment before adding them. Itā€™s with gdex esha and treats tapeworms and gill and skin flukes. The otos are looking quite lethargic though and their not as active as at first, staying mostly at the bottom of the tank resting. There is one oto thatā€™s okay he still likes to swim about and swims with the shoal of loaches which is cute. And of course as Iā€™m saying this the larger oto also joined them briefly.
My main concern is I did the hex and ndx treatments quite close together due to my poor planning. I did huge water changes so I donā€™t think the meds mixed at all. Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™ll be able to handle another round of gdex medication? Itā€™s been a week since their 2nd & last round of dewormer (levismole) and I planned on doing the new meds today but thought Iā€™d check whether anyone has experience with this. I know being wild caught they are sensitive so ideally Iā€™d love to put them in first and do the tapeworm treatment to the loaches alone. However I know tapeworms can have intermediary hosts so Iā€™m worried the otos could be infected to. Thank you for reading and any advice given.

what is hex?

If you do 2 or 3 huge (75%+) water changes between treatments, it should get rid of most of the medication.

When you deworm fish, you treat them once a week for 3-4 weeks. Or treat them every 2 weeks for 3 treatments.

If the fish have gill flukes, you treat them once a week for 3-4 weeks with praziquantel. this will also kill any tapeworm.

what is hex?

If you do 2 or 3 huge (75%+) water changes between treatments, it should get rid of most of the medication.

When you deworm fish, you treat them once a week for 3-4 weeks. Or treat them every 2 weeks for 3 treatments.

If the fish have gill flukes, you treat them once a week for 3-4 weeks with praziquantel. this will also kill any tapeworm.
Hexamita

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back