Other Aquatic Life.

tez2k007

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Gateshead
Apart from fish what other speciea can be kept in a community tank if any. I have 2 Dwarf Frogs or at least I think I do as I have not seen them since Sunday. I know some people mention shrimp but just wondering what others suggest if it is at all possible with my current fish. Not snails though I hate them.
 
These are the commonly available invertebrates and non-fish that are available for freshwater tanks. It's general info. (None are going to work with your stock IMO except snails.)

Shrimp and snails are the prime, non-fish candidates. Both are easy to feed, and will eat leftovers and algae. (your frogs would probably eat the shrimp though)

Dwarf Frogs can work in many freshwater setups (not clawed frogs though), although they can be difficult to feed. They tend to be much slower than fish.

Mollusks (whatever type) are very difficult to feed. Most starve to death rather quickly. They need small food items/microfauna that are not commonly found in the aquarium.

Crayfish (freshwater lobsters) tend to be predatory/opportunist.

-------------

Now for saltwater aquariums, there are a host of invertebrates and non-fish that are acceptable.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top