Oscar companions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silva_Fishy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im eagerly awaitin two juvie red tiger oscars. Yeh i no, theyre small but hey. I want to know if i can keep bristle noses and a peacock eel with them for a while and possibly a 4" long black ghost.

Should be fine. I would just keep an eye out cuz juvi oscars can be nippers.

One thing to remember with Oscars, they grow on average 1" per month.

So your little babies will get big very quickly, bearing that in mind, if a tankmate is small enough to fit in the Oscar's mouth, it looks like dinner to him. So, if the potential tank mates will be big enough not to look like a midnight snack in 6-8 months, you're good to go.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM PPL
Silva_Fishy has a 15 gal and is planing to keep a oscar and a black ghost in there! its murder........im trying to stop him but he wont listen! please help me and dont give him advice. He thinks the guy at the lfs is telling the truth wen he says they can stay there for half a year. i told him hes just a salesmen but he wont listen. plz help me. send him Pms. plz help.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM PPL
Silva_Fishy has a 15 gal and is planing to keep a oscar and a black ghost in there! its murder........im trying to stop him but he wont listen! please help me and dont give him advice. He thinks the guy at the lfs is telling the truth wen he says they can stay there for half a year. i told him hes just a salesmen but he wont listen. plz help me. send him Pms. plz help.

I thought you said you were his best friend, i'm sure he would listen to you and trust your opinion on top of a salesman

no but he doesnt trust me.........plz help......hes going to kill these poor fish

Bea/\/ said:
no but he doesnt trust me.........plz help......hes going to kill these poor fish
Well if he dosen't trust you than he is unlikely to trust us.

i'v already posted my opinions about his tank, and if he decides to ignore me and nearly 10 other members we can't do anything else to help him :no:

I suggest you put it to him this way, unless you do something about your tank, right now, you will be left with nothing but a group of dead fish.

Hope it help a bit

fine

dunno y the guy at the lfs would lie...

how long would it take before i have to move 1 red oscar in my tank with 1 rock and no other ornaments or fish etc....(except the heater and filter of course)

BEA/\/ needs to calm down, itz his barmitzvah this weekend!

fine

dunno y the guy at the lfs would lie...

a lfs is a business, it's there to make money, and selling fish to people means making money and a profit

A lot of people don't care about the condition your fish will be in, they care about bringing in money

Silva_Fishy said:
how long would it take before i have to move 1 red oscar in my tank with 1 rock and no other ornaments or fish etc....(except the heater and filter of course)
Couple of weeks to a month.

Ok, they are 100% spot on with the lfs just wanting your cash, a lady walked in once and the owner said "yeah the barra will go fine with the oscars" come on man how dumb can some people be? well i seen her back there a day later yelling at him, and he said he didnt rmember selling her the fish, what can you put with a barra? NOTHING!#@!$
I have a 4" oscar in a 30g tank atm because of some bad fighting reasons.
I have to change the water everyday! and im telling the truth, i check the water and everyday there is amonia in there, what would happen if i left it for a week? he would be dead, he is already getting sick and isnt looking the best, and thats a tank is twice the size of your one!
A 15g tank is NOT built for cichlids at all..
Go and see how much your lfs feeds his fish a day, i bet he only does it once! and only a little bit! these guys needs to be fed 3 time per day cause they grow so fast. Just remeber they are like car dealers and will lie to make a buck, they dont care if your fish dies, cause once you hand over the cash it becomes your problem, he will HOPE that it dies so he can come up with some excuse that you did somthing wrong so you can buy another one..
Do the oscar a fav and let someone else buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back