Opinions Wanted On My 29G Rescape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr.Tan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Recently torn my tank down to transfer everything over to a new tank and put it on the DIY stand i built (have another thread elsewhere on that) and took the opportunity to rescape with new driftwood, etc... So i decided i would get opinions and see if anyone would do something different.

Plan is to do some heavy planting in the corners behind the wood with plants that grow tall. Then put some of my shorter plants throughout in the front and try to leave the center open.

null_zpsffa02b43.jpg

null_zps2e9e1b6b.jpg

null_zps711c1273.jpg

Looks good so far! You should keep us updated. : )

Sickbound said:
Looks good so far! You should keep us updated. : )
Thanks! I will definitely keep this thread updated as i get more done.

Blondielovesfish said:
Looks great! 
Some nice pieces of driftwood you have got :)
What filter is that?
Thank you! I got the wood from my LFS, they have some nice selectioks for fairly decent prices. The filter is a fluval 206, not sure how i like the clear tube for the intake. I might try and find a black tube to hide it some more

kevingrods said:
looking very nice
Thanks!

----I'm considering buying some more sand and kind of building up behind the wood and around it some on the glass side. Maybe to give it some overall height and or take some away from the center and put small stones on the sides to make it like a stream look going through and use a lighter color sand to look like water..Any ideas on that?

I call for a boycott of your tank.
Why does everybody have the driftwood I want?
As to streams, look great, but hard to get just right.

frapadoodle said:
I call for a boycott of your tank.
Why does everybody have the driftwood I want?
As to streams, look great, but hard to get just right.

LOL.  it took me awhile to find the right pieces of wood. Thankfully i found someone cool at the LFS (that fish place for me) who took me in the back and opened up the fresh shipment of boxes full of driftwood ;) .  Although these still aren't exactly what I wanted however its gonna be tough to find it.

I'm still contemplating streams. More i think about it i dont know if I can pull it off right...might just make a lower area in the middle and have it like a ravine

Most of what I find is better suited for a reptile perch. Fine if you don't mind a clean saw cut on both ends, but rubbish in an aquascape.
I tried the streambed with eggrock. I thought it looked good, but my corys decided it should be filled with sand, so I gave up.

Figured i would update alittle.

Tank has been filled and fish put in, i refilled it with established tank water from when i took the other one down, all fish are my originals too none new.

Also planted it today.

Tank is still alittle cloudy from planting and dosturbing the sand. Hopefully it will grow in soon.
null_zps5928cca6.jpg

null_zpsb6439483.jpg

null_zpsbde31958.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!
I think the only improvement would be to curve the path to left or right so that it appears to dwindle behind one of the wood pieces.
Did you make the path out of slate?

daizeUK said:
Absolutely gorgeous!
I think the only improvement would be to curve the path to left or right so that it appears to dwindle behind one of the wood pieces.
The path is really cool!

Agree with daize, if you were to curve it and narrow it at the back you might get a brilliant reducing perspective effect giving the impression of greater depth.

At the moment, I see a sort of dry river bed look about it, which is really nice.

Blondielovesfish said:
I love that pathway! 
Looks great.

What is the stocking?
Thanks!

stocking is as follows:
5- black skirt tetra
6 cory cats~ 3 emerald 3 albino
3 swords that i grew from babies, mother had them and died shortly after
2 whisker shrimp
1 peacock gudgeon

and i have 2 turquoise rainbows that are being rehomed today
daizeUK said:
Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you! I was having trouble deciding what route to go with it, but with how the base of the wood was under sand this is how it allowed. I might try and adjust it later but for now im content.
fm1978 said:
Absolutely gorgeous!
The path is really cool!
Agree with daize, if you were to curve it and narrow it at the back you might get a brilliant reducing perspective effect giving the impression of greater depth.
At the moment, I see a sort of dry river bed look about it, which is really nice.
see above comment lol. But i do agree if it curved behind it would add more of an effect to the overall look of the tank and path, i might give it a whirl in a later time.

Oh forgot to add, the rock i used is just rubble lace rock from my lfs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back