Opaline gourami.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

G

GrullaQuarters

Hello.
I am trying to add a little color to my tank, and prefferably a couple middle/top swimmers. I have seen pics of these, and think they are a very pretty fish. I am now wanting to find out if they will be compatible with the other fish we have. Most are bottom dwellers, and all have been quite easy going so far. See my sig for what we have. Thanks for any info!

Angie

They should be fine in that tank. I have kept them with Pictus cats, plecos, and knife fish. I am not sure about the sharks but they should be fine in a tank that size. Just watch them for a while and make sure that they are not beating up on the knife fish. I had Blue, Gold and Opaline Gouramis with knife fish and the knife fish got beaten up so bad that it died. You shouldnt worry though because it was mostly the gold and blue gouramis that were beating up on him. I find that the opaline gourami is one of the most peaceful species of gourami.

Thanks!

The BGK doesn't come out much.....the balas are very peaceful. And pretty small too, yet. Appreciate the input!!

Angie

I have an Opaline Gourami and he's a peaceful soul who only gets moody if the dwarf gouramis are hassling him. He's no victim, but he isn't an agressor either. Just keeps himself to himself.

They are really pretty though and their pearlescent scales look great under the lighting. Mine was quite shy at first, but now he has left the refuge of the foliage and now does formation laps like they're going out of fashion!

Hope this helps, definitely a nice one to add to your tank!

:cool:

Most reactions

trending

Back