Oops! That First Post Was Far From An Intro! Hello(:

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phaneric

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
My apologies! I jumped right into the forum without introducing myself.
The names, Amanda!
I currently live in Texas and am new to aquariums, and fish really. I'm hoping to learn a lot and become a successful fish owner. I've dabbled in fish a bit, but I'm far from fish smart!(;
As a new mother, I'm looking for a nice rewarding hobby to get into. Yes, I know it's work, I like work!
I'm excited to learn, and I'm stoked that they have such forums like this online. Looking forward to meeting some friendly fry - too corny? ahh well(;
 -Phan.

welcomeani.gif
to TFF, Amanda! Hope you enjoy it here.

I noticed on your other posts that you mentioned you're waiting til you know all about the compatibility and such of your fishies, which is great!
I did not see you mention cycling it but maybe that's a given for you? Just in case though, I thought you might want to read THIS article. ^_^

Ninjouzata said:
welcomeani.gif
to TFF, Amanda! Hope you enjoy it here.

I noticed on your other posts that you mentioned you're waiting til you know all about the compatibility and such of your fishies, which is great!
I did not see you mention cycling it but maybe that's a given for you? Just in case though, I thought you might want to read THIS article.
happy.png
Oh, absolutely! I actually was able to set the tank up last night. I decided to go with a 30 gal glass aquarium for the time being. I've put in day two of the biological cycling additive and have added my start right by Jungle, which is also a stress coat. - I'm sure you know this! lol
 I'll be giving it at least two weeks of cycling and will be doing a weekly water test with the large API master test kit to ensure my water quality. I wish I had the space right now for a quarantine/introduction tank, but that will be in the near future!
I'm so excited, and I can't wait for my new additions!:)
I do have a question. I have two different plants that I had from a previous tank. I have no idea what they are, but I'm curious of what maintenance they require? I want them to thrive as well. I've seen tablets for them, but I guess what I'm asking is if my tank is healthy will my plants naturally thrive? or will I have to feed them as well?

Phaneric said:
:hi: to TFF, Amanda! Hope you enjoy it here.

I did not see you mention cycling it but maybe that's a given for you? Just in case though, I thought you might want to read THIS article. ^_^
Oh, absolutely! I actually was able to set the tank up last night. I decided to go with a 30 gal glass aquarium for the time being. I've put in day two of the biological cycling additive and have added my start right by Jungle, which is also a stress coat. - I'm sure you know this! lol
 I'll be giving it at least two weeks of cycling and will be doing a weekly water test with the large API master test kit to ensure my water quality. I wish I had the space right now for a quarantine/introduction tank, but that will be in the near future!
I do have a question. I have two different plants that I had from a previous tank. I have no idea what they are, but I'm curious of what maintenance they require? I want them to thrive as well. I've seen tablets for them, but I guess what I'm asking is if my tank is healthy will my plants naturally thrive? or will I have to feed them as well?
It depends on the exact species I'm afraid. Some plants will be fine with no care at all. Others need co2 injections, high lights, nutrient supplements etc etc.
If you could grab some pics of them I/ someone else might be able to ID it for you.

Welcome to the forum btw

TallTree01 said:
:hi: to TFF, Amanda! Hope you enjoy it here.

It depends on the exact species I'm afraid. Some plants will be fine with no care at all. Others need co2 injections, high lights, nutrient supplements etc etc.
If you could grab some pics of them I/ someone else might be able to ID it for you.
Welcome to the forum btw

I'll have to do that. Thanks for the welcome and the good tip!:)

If you can post pics of the plants in the plant section someone should be able to ID them and give you information on their needs.

Adding that bottled stuff and letting the tank sit for 2 weeks is going to do pretty much nothing.
You want to pick up ammonia and follow that article I linked to do a proper fishless cycle. Your fishies will thank you :D

Phaneric said:
The names, Amanda!
I currently live in Texas and am new to aquariums, and fish really. I'm hoping to learn a lot and become a successful fish owner. I've dabbled in fish a bit, but I'm far from fish smart!(;
As a new mother, I'm looking for a nice rewarding hobby to get into. Yes, I know it's work, I like work!
I'm excited to learn, and I'm stoked that they have such forums like this online. Looking forward to meeting some friendly fry - too corny? ahh well(;
 -Phan.
Welcome! And yes that was a little corny :)

Rexenator said:
The names, Amanda!
 -Phan.
Welcome! And yes that was a little corny :)
Lol I couldn't help myself! Thank you:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back