Omg

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That is so awsome! I want a free Leopard Geco. I would tell the shop though, so they will think twice before they transfer another ornement like that. Poor thing, he could have died.

that is a albino leopard gecko. it eats crickets and worms and even baby mice. they sell for about 40 u.s. dollars.

I was just about to say that...lol.
I had 2 leopard geckos and they are harmless. That poor little thing. I fed mine Calcium enriched crickets, also mealworms.

i dont think they werent 'looking after him' in the shop, i used to work in a pet store and we had a group of geckos who had escaped, and every now and then you'd see them running around, they lived quite happily. its quite possible this little guy had escaped and found a cosy sleeping place, or as mentioned before the ornament may have been part of a display in his quarters and he'd merely not been noticed curled in there when it was taken about.

bit bad though putting used ornaments back on the shop floor to sell though!

maybe a quick call to the store to say an ornament you bought contained a gecko and you will be keeping him. just so they know where hes gone. they dont have to know who you are do they ;)

i dont think they werent 'looking after him' in the shop, i used to work in a pet store and we had a group of geckos who had escaped, and every now and then you'd see them running around, they lived quite happily. its quite possible this little guy had escaped and found a cosy sleeping place, or as mentioned before the ornament may have been part of a display in his quarters and he'd merely not been noticed curled in there when it was taken about.

bit bad though putting used ornaments back on the shop floor to sell though!

maybe a quick call to the store to say an ornament you bought contained a gecko and you will be keeping him. just so they know where hes gone. they dont have to know who you are do they ;)

No true, I may just ring them to let them know, but they are not having him back, I have fallen in love with him now! :)

Defo defo defo write to either Love It or Pick me Up mag, they pay £250-500 for this kinda story! I did it when I had...urmmm..a bit of a body tweek shall we say! May as well!

Your so lucky. He has a nice colour.

Are you going to get him a freind?

Yep I am keeping him!

Well for now, I have not thought about getting him a friend, but may do so in the near future.

Ha I doubt this story would be interesting to go in a magazine, know it is a weird story, but I cannot imagine anyone being interested in reading it...lol

His colouring has changed slightly, he has more of a green tinge to him now!

Yep I am keeping him!

Well for now, I have not thought about getting him a friend, but may do so in the near future.

Ha I doubt this story would be interesting to go in a magazine, know it is a weird story, but I cannot imagine anyone being interested in reading it...lol

His colouring has changed slightly, he has more of a green tinge to him now!
about the friend thing usually its not a good idea to keep geckos in the same tank

You can ask your local pet store though or more experinced people on here

I guess your lucky day is today my, I was looking at the photo and relized what kind of lizard it was, not only that lol, I called my wife over to the computer and asked what kind of lizard it was and she said its not a lizard lol, its a leapord gecko what the hell is it doing in a aquarium let alone water><! (I had to explain the story to her lol) We took care of the smaller version of these(Petri Gecko) and by the way don't grab it by the tail lol it will lose its tail and grow back smaller and fatter. They don't like water and I am amazed by your story that it servived. A quick note till you can get a decent tank for it and proper aquarium and food, put something like lettuce in its tank if its hungry it will eat it. Consider getting some mealworms and crickets for it. Crickets on a daily basis and mealworms are like steak to use so as a treat.

A little list to help you get started if you decide to keep it and if it was me I would keep it but phone the store and tell them that they shouldn't be selling used ornaments lol. Just so you know I live in Canada and they sell here for anywhere in the range of $75-$100 ea.

~ A Tarium ~ rec. cause they like to climb ( The ones the doors in the front open ) if you need a pic let me know I have a pic of my tank that has hermit crabs now lol) a normal aquarium works to.

~ UV Light ~ Usually just have to buy the bulb they range in price

~ Basking Light ~ Helps keep it warm and they like to sit in the basking area at times to bath

~ Container for water ~ It might of drank alot in your aquarium lol but it still needs water to drink

~ Cave, Drift wood etc ~ Something they can drink from

~ Humidifier Gauge ~ they like it hot and humid so usually what I did was just spray water in everyday to raise the humidity

~ Tempature gadge ~ Need to monitor the temp it is in

~ Calcium ~ its cheap to buy put some on the crickets or on there mealworms so they eat it

~ Remember it needs a desert theme ~

but this is more than likely a possitive id for you to start with. Wow what a story! Driving down the road when I purchased the ones for my daughter I was afraid of them getting out lol, I too know the boat you where in, but not knowing and all of a sudden it pops out of the ornament damn lol, imagine in the store if you picked it up and holding it at the register and it came out, drop smash lol, well hope this helps you out on what your course is, sounds like you are keeping it. Note ~ When getting your stuff for it, I would think about using another Local Pet Store lol!, or you could go back maybe you purchase a setup tank and 1 comes in it lol!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back