Omg

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

He maybe cute, but I really am not into reptiles, wouldnt harm them at all, but just the thought I was driving home tonight with the ornament on the passenger seat...and that lizard must of been inside it...it can only of come from that...imagine if it had jumped out I would of crashed my car, may sound funny but serious what do I do?

geckos cant jump, they have suckers on their feet for climbing trees etc, they are totally harmless and beautiful. I would keep it if i were you but you would need to buy a viv etc.

just keep it in the tank with no water with a light over the top on just now and take it back first thing tomorrow

Its just in an old fish tank I had in my garage, but I have no food for it, and do not know if it will need water, I am in a panic?

sorry the thought of it pouncing from an ornament is funny but like you'd i'd crash. phone the rspca I'm sure they will do call outs or even get advice. on a serious note you don't even know the last time it ate obviously it drank recently lol.

i wud move it to the other pets bit to see if u get better answers there

OK it is in a tank I have put the light on in the tank and also put it next to a radiator for heat is this ok....it looks a bit shocked as it was obviously immersed in the water for some time, before I saw it at the top struggling to get out, I hope it does not die now, what can I feed it?

How big is it, trying to i.d it for you, looks like a newt?

yep I have a fish tank with a light in, which I have put on now, but I do not know how much heat it will generate from the light, I have nothing else to put it in?

Dont worry about it, it looks to me like a leapord gecko, which are mostly bred in the UK so i dont think it has come from anywhere foreign. Most likely, the garden center has been using the fish decoration in a gecko display tank, its crawled in and the yhave removed it to put it on sale. Try and keep the tank warm, maby put a shallow dish of water in their for him.

Just put it in the warmest room in the house,keep the lamp on and hopefully he will survive untill tomorrow.

OK it is in a tank I have put the light on in the tank and also put it next to a radiator for heat is this ok....it looks a bit shocked as it was obviously immersed in the water for some time, before I saw it at the top struggling to get out, I hope it does not die now, what can I feed it?

I would advise you goole them and see what it has to say, they need reasonable heat a,d humidity. They can eat worms, meal worms or crickets. You need to keep the temp up around 30 deg c plus and have a bowl of water in to keep the humidity up!

ok a quick copy and paste of a profile, not even read it myself yet

Habits and Temperament:
Leopard geckos are nocturnal, ground dwelling geckos that are generally docile and easy to tame. They do not have the toe pads like other geckos so do not climb as well. They do have eyelids, also unlike other geckos.
Housing for Leopard Geckos:
A 15-20 gallon tank is large enough for 2-3 leopard geckos, but there should only be one male per tank (and only keep males and females together if prepared to deal with offspring!). Half logs provide hiding and climbing space, as can commercial reptile caves and simple cardboard boxes. A damp hide box can help with shedding (a plastic container with a hole in the lid, with moist soil or moss inside).

Substrate:
Young leopard geckos shouldn't be kept on sand, as they may ingest it and suffer an intestinal blockage. Paper is absorbent and easy to change, and indoor outdoor carpet works well too. Avoid wood shavings. Whatever is used, make sure it is not being ingested along with the gecko's meals. For more on choosing substrate, the the Leopard Gecko Substrate Debate.

Light and Temperature :
Being nocturnal, leopard geckos require no special UV lighting. A regular incandescent bulb could be used to provide a basking spot, but leopard geckos probably prefer dimmer conditions so consider using a red bulb or ceramic heating element to provide the temperature gradient. Under tank heaters can also be used.
Daytime Temperature: basking spot of 88 F (31 C) with a gradient to about 75 F (around 24 C)
Night Temperature: can drop to a gradient of 70-75 F (21- 24 C)

Water :
A shallow dish of water should be provided, and cleaned very regularly.
Feeding Leopard Geckos:
Leopard geckos are insectivores: feed a variety of crickets, waxworms, meal worms (in moderation only) and even an occasional pinkie mice for adults. Insects must be gut loaded for at least 24 hours prior to feeding, and coated with a calcium/D3 supplement (every feeding for young lizards, every other feeding for adults). Feed juveniles daily (a few crickets), adults can be fed every other day (6-10 crickets).

Dont worry about it, it looks to me like a leapord gecko, which are mostly bred in the UK so i dont think it has come from anywhere foreign. Most likely, the garden center has been using the fish decoration in a gecko display tank, its crawled in and the yhave removed it to put it on sale. Try and keep the tank warm, maby put a shallow dish of water in their for him.

Yeah I think that is exactly what has happen...ok a little dish of water is in there now too...blimey hope I go not get attached to it, if anyone is in the yorkshire area, and wants the little fella for free, then please contact me!

ok a quick copy and paste of a profile, not even read it myself yet

Habits and Temperament:
Leopard geckos are nocturnal, ground dwelling geckos that are generally docile and easy to tame. They do not have the toe pads like other geckos so do not climb as well. They do have eyelids, also unlike other geckos.
Housing for Leopard Geckos:
A 15-20 gallon tank is large enough for 2-3 leopard geckos, but there should only be one male per tank (and only keep males and females together if prepared to deal with offspring!). Half logs provide hiding and climbing space, as can commercial reptile caves and simple cardboard boxes. A damp hide box can help with shedding (a plastic container with a hole in the lid, with moist soil or moss inside).

Substrate:
Young leopard geckos shouldn't be kept on sand, as they may ingest it and suffer an intestinal blockage. Paper is absorbent and easy to change, and indoor outdoor carpet works well too. Avoid wood shavings. Whatever is used, make sure it is not being ingested along with the gecko's meals. For more on choosing substrate, the the Leopard Gecko Substrate Debate.

Light and Temperature :
Being nocturnal, leopard geckos require no special UV lighting. A regular incandescent bulb could be used to provide a basking spot, but leopard geckos probably prefer dimmer conditions so consider using a red bulb or ceramic heating element to provide the temperature gradient. Under tank heaters can also be used.
Daytime Temperature: basking spot of 88 F (31 C) with a gradient to about 75 F (around 24 C)
Night Temperature: can drop to a gradient of 70-75 F (21- 24 C)

Water :
A shallow dish of water should be provided, and cleaned very regularly.
Feeding Leopard Geckos:
Leopard geckos are insectivores: feed a variety of crickets, waxworms, meal worms (in moderation only) and even an occasional pinkie mice for adults. Insects must be gut loaded for at least 24 hours prior to feeding, and coated with a calcium/D3 supplement (every feeding for young lizards, every other feeding for adults). Feed juveniles daily (a few crickets), adults can be fed every other day (6-10 crickets).

Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated!

Give it some salad if you have any
May seem weird but it will eat it with no harm and keep it going
Plus its nutricious
They are usually fed on mealworms and crickets but i guess your not going to have much of them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back