Old School Vs. New School

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hehe,

George's techniques are very much part of the "new school" and rely on CO2 dosing and the addition of nitrate and phosphate. Those of our other plant writers, Peter Bradley and Jeff Walmsley, are based on tried and tested or old school methods which aim to keep pollutants low.

George's following articles feature some fascinating and thought provoking claims that might make you think again about what you've previously heard.

Great stuff mate!!

Its well worth registering and reading it.

I have just left my comment :)

-------------------------

Regards

Chris

Good to see you getting a mention George :good:

Comments left ........ Long live the 'New School' :teacher:

Far better than the Tired (oops) Tried and tested 'Old School' teachings

Al

That's just amazing George. He summed it up perfectly here
George's following articles feature some fascinating and thought provoking claims that might make you think again about what you've previously heard. Indeed, some of the advice goes completely against the previous recommendations

I hope some of your articles become available online so I get the chance to read them!

Bet the money isnt too bad either mate.....beers are on you then ;)

Many more of you read it and commented?

Tom, i could see your reply before i read it. You certainly do like writing in new paragraphs! lol great post !

Chris

Well I finally got my ass into gear and read the blog on PFK, that's good work George and others, I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that what you are doing (albeit about a subject you obviously are passionate about) is well beyond the call of duty and I personally am thrilled to see that you have taken this subject by the preverbal scruff of the neck in order to given it some well overdue attention in PFK and the UK as a whole.

Looking forward to the rest of the articles :) just out of interest are you planning on doing any articles on the types of aquascape? I.e. the layouts, Dutch style, etc and/or how to prune plants to create a certain effect? I understand the principles its just what to do with the plants that I cant seem to get my head round and there is so much information out there that I cant seem to see the wood for the trees! :S :lol:

Sam

Thanks Sam.

Indeed I have contributed a three-part aquascaping series. I hoping they will be published after the high-tech series i.e. Jan to Mar 07 issues.

They cover definitions, styles, composition, use of space, focal points (and golden ratio), techniques, plant selection and maintenance. I draw heavily from the Nature Aquarium concept as this is where my main interest lies.

Excellent, bring on 2007! :lol: my tanks will probably get a much needed overhaul shortly after those then!

Sam

Well done George, looks like i will have to take out a subscription!

Man, too bad we dont get that over in the states. I have read the blogs but without the articles it's a bit useless........if only us in the states could set it up so that we pay and have some of you guys across the pond ship us some o' dem PFK's!

I've just had a read through all the comments on Geroges forthcoming articles (currently14) over at PFK.
Very encouraging to see all the comments and particularly support from the likes of Tom Barr :good:

It could just be my interpretation, but the initial 'Old School Vs New School' article from PFK, seemed a little sceptical, almost appologetic to it's reader (or perhaps it's resident 'low tech' experts) that it was going to be publishing some a little different from the usual advice

However now if you read through the comments there is an Editorial comment that contains phrases like
.... It's nice to see such an active blog and one with such informative posts
.... At PFK we love to highlight new trends and new methods
.... I feel quite lucky that we have that diversity of knowledge in the magazine helping us all to be better at keeping and growing plants
And also a little comment in defence of their resident experts (and rightly so, I might add - However they are experts in a different area (low tech) of this hobby)

....... Could this the first signs of 'acceptance' and an eventual change in thinking in the UK ?

Keep spreading the word George

Al

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back